Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

What to do while you are crocheting.

I'm chatty today if you've seen all my posts! My favorite thing to do is listen to old time or vintage radio programs. I'm a baby boomer and I remember hearing about the old shows from my mother and was curious what was available. Actually, my husband had downloaded some Philip Marlowe detective programs onto disk to listen to while he fell asleep. I'm hooked! Not only is the character appealing, I 've fallen in love with the voice of actor Gerald Mohr who played the radio part. He has movies, too you can find on Netflix. I am addicted to the private eye shows and police, spy, WWII, mystery, sci fi, also. Not too long ago I came across a series called Bold Venture with Lauren Bacall and Humprey Bogart set in Cuba in the early 50's. There are a bunch of them and I gobbled them down. I'm saving the last few, I don't want it to be over. They are such great FUN! I grew up in Mason City, Iowa, home of Meredith Willson and The Music Man and came across The Big Show with Talullah Bankhead-an early 50's variety show with him as bandleader. He has a kind of aw, shucks Iowa persona and talks about my hometown at that time. Good times for me!. Oodles of famous stars and people you don't know, but want to look up. Most recently I came across The Railroad Hour, a one hour condensed version of operettas and musical shows and music from different years with Gordon MacRae and others. OOOOOOOh! I was pretty square growing up and was raised on operettas, musicals, etc. I know most of the songs by heart. Who else do you know that can sing the entire H.M.S Pinafore from memory! Not to mention Rose Marie or The Student Prince? My family usually finds something else to do when I've got it on. At least the dog doesn't howl when I sing along, though the cats give me strange looks. This doesn't begin to cover what's all available. You can also find free audio books on line. Try the Guttenburg Project, and other sites. Your library should have audio books as well, wonderful for crocheting by. Okay, Okay, I'll take a breath and let y'all get a word in edgewise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to watch slow or dull movies( they go by faster I find) lol or I watch tv show, normally catching up on my favorites. Or some good tunes cranked up on the iPod... All really depends on what I am making, sometimes silence works the best for me ( not that I really know what that is with three kids out of school for the summer lol).

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool topic Carolyn1953. If the tv is on, I am usually crocheting because it's either reruns of programs or movies; I mostly like to crochet in the quite. Let my mind think up of other projects...but if my mind starts to wonder too much, I like having the radio on...or a nice 'book' on tape; thus killing two birds (sorry Larisa...lol) with one stone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually when I am crocheting I am just relaxing...the kids usually have something going with the television. In the past, I would visit with my family while crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watch movies or school programs

Post Thanks / Like
    The tv is usually on when I'm crocheting! I'm usually not paying attention to it though-guess it's there for background noise! Or I'm outside listening to the birds,etc! I watch mostly the classic tv shows and movies!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the older/ classic shows... I can't crochet if I love lucy is on.. It is just to funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually when i crochet I listen to Pandora radio. Or at night when im watching tv before i go to bed.