Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Clover crochet hooks

Has anybody tried using the Clover soft touch crochet hooks? I read some reviews online and decided to try them. I was able to get a set of 7 on ebay for $24, incl shipping. I was a little startled at first since they are quite a bit shorter than I'm used to. Both the shaft and grip are shorter. I was able to get used to using the hook after a few rows. I use a pencil grip and my fingers are pretty average in length. I have to grip it just below the comfort pad with my thumb on the flat side. I do like it for sport weight and thinner yarn. I seem to have more control and crochet with a more even tension. When I tried to crochet with double yarn, I went back to my aluminum shaft with bamboo handle from Susan Bates. Anybody else with experience with these hooks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have not used these hooks, but I love to read about your experience. It sounds like you got a really good deal on them. Please let us know more info if you have more to share after you have used them for a while. Really appreciate you sharing the info! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never used those hooks either and I thank you for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the bamboo handles from susan bates. I haven't tried any other handles. At camp one of the grandmas said she likes the bamboo kniting needles

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of them before but they sound interesting..

Post Thanks / Like
    Have not tried those, but I have a set of ergonomic hooks. It comes with 2 different soft grip handles and interchangable hooks from G to K. Works really great when the arthritis in my hands makes it hard to hold the aluminum hooks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Clover hooks. I have a G, H and J, and paid something like $8 per hook, so you got a good deal on Ebay.

Another ergonomic hook is by Inox.

I do not like the Susan Bates hook style. It's not very forgiving if I'm a bit sloppy with my yarn around.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, I thought I was doing ok with these hooks when I saw single hooks at auction for 6.99 apiece! I work on various projects at the same time. I now have no problem with using the different style hooks on different pieces. I definately have better control on fine stitches. I think I'll have to get some with a steel head for threadwork. I usually have to go down a size, otherwise my stitches are too loose with a regular steel hook. If I can find some or one and use it, I'll report back. Haven't come across the Inox, I will check them out online. Thanks