Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Granny Square help

I have 8 granny squares that I have made. I want a Blanket that uses 4 in the middle and 1 at each corner..but I don't want the blanket to look like a granny Square blanket. Any suggestions on how to connect them without working in the round and making it a granny Square blanket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...I am sure there has to be a way. I have searched online and have not found anything as of yet. And, others may have some ideas as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about making a heart or something else to put on the granny square and put different things on the different granny squares. There are different ways you can do a granny square.

4. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have searched online too. I have this picture in my head...no idea how to make it happen. I just dont want it to look like a granny blanket. I kind of want those squares to be interesting aspect of the blanket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnsarie, How about making Tunisians squares to fill in the rest of the blanket. They could be plain or pick a color that goes with your current 8 squares. Below is a picture of some squares that have textured but might work for filling in the rest of the blanket and they are fun to do.

Granny Square help

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

7. Likes MeToo! liked this post