Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearance yarn at Wal-mart!

Today I was shopping at my local Wal-mart and I found that they had clearence yarn on sale!!!! Of course i could not pass up the oppertunity to get some. Some of the the yarns are red heart super saver for $2.00, caron simply soft for $2.50, one pound bernat is $5.00, deborah norville is $2.50, fun fir and bernat boa is $3.00. I guess it was the colors that are going to be disscontinued, but the colors are very pretty. I could not believe my eyes, so check out your local wal-mart if they have a yarn department.
    Attached Images Attached Images Clearance yarn at Wal-mart!-dscn0210-jpg 

2. Thanks Steadygojo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Our Wal-Mart had a small number of discontinued colors a few weeks ago, but really not much to choose from. Maybe, I will need to check again very soon. If they are making room for holiday colors, they may be putting some on clearance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky you. Looks like you really made a haul!!! That should keep you occupied for a little while. Can't wait to see what you make with them.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you need to re-check it out again. my wal-mart has a large yarn department in it, i was so happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Awesome! Our Wal-Mart had a small number of discontinued colors a few weeks ago, but really not much to choose from. Maybe, I will need to check again very soon. If they are making room for holiday colors, they may be putting some on clearance!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, i was so happy when i seen it. i go an vacation next week, so i will be crocheting alot more than normal! happy crocheting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    Lucky you. Looks like you really made a haul!!! That should keep you occupied for a little while. Can't wait to see what you make with them.--Jan

7. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I feel silly. I was just at Walmart Saturday and I was buying yarn for the Olympic Challenge. I never even looked at what they had because I had a specific list of colors and amounts. I didn't want to go over budget by looking around and being tempted. Now I wish I had!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I make it my business to stay out of WALMARTS.
    They "bottom out" prices to drive the local small businesses out and then raise prices to the moon.
    They treat their staff like slaves and the pay is very low for the amount of work they must do.
    A knowledgeable person who can answer questions about products is usually unavailable.
    They carry almost NO PRODUCTS "Made in the United States". Most of their merchandise is from Third World countries or China where the workers are extremely poorly treated/paid and almost or completely slave labor.
    Check out the facts about their behavior and corporate stances. You may be surprised.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 09-20-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! You made a HAUL!! I'm with Jan, can't wait to see what all you make with your yarn!! I am going to Walmart today and I always go by the yarn department. You better believe that I will make a bee-line for it today!! The Halloween decorations will be stop number 2 for me, LOL

11. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our Wally's here in Marquette just had a clearance sale and I got some real nice colors for dishcloths and then some of that fur yarn I got for little girl purses and for trim on afghans. But I will definitely check again next week. Not that I ever check out the yarn when I go to Wally's .... only every time!!! hahahaha Thanks, Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    What a sale....must send my daughter to pick up some or maybe I need an outing....Thanks for the post