Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! New to the forum!

Hi! New to the forum!-c880fb71-4176-47ca-b13e-0d9f31c226e1-jpg Hi everyone! I just signed up today and I’m excited to use this forum as a new resource! I live in Pittston, PA now but grew up in the Pocono Mountains. My great grandma taught me the basics of crochet when I was little. Me and my sister would just make chains for hours. Hehe. I just picked it back up again about 5 years ago and use YouTube videos to learn more. I can say I’m addicted now. :-) I love trying new tricks and stitches for scarves and blankets. Right now, I am finishing up my first two graphgans! I completed one with a picture of Batman for my 1 1/2 year old nephew and working on Robin for his little brother on the way. I’ll share once I am done! �� Crochet brings back memories of my great grandma and truly relaxes me. I’m really looking forward to interacting and learning from all of you! Happy holidays! ��
    Last edited by Kara126; 12-19-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kara,
    Welcome and Happy Holidays To You and Yours too! It sounds like you must be pretty good to be crocheting from a chart already. Take Care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Kara
    I have just returned to this message board recently...(haha yesterday) have been too busy to crochet but missed the people here. Everyone is really encouraging. Now that Christmas is past I am trying to get back in my amigurumi mode!
    I live in the Catskill mountains of Central NY where there is not much but cows and horses. I own a dance / performing arts school that keeps me and my husband quite busy! We just did our first Christmas show! Have been doing spring recitals since 1977, but wanted to give the students another opportunity to perform.

We get snow almost daily here I am assuming you are no stranger to snow coming from the Poconos! Snow is pretty but dangerous to travel here with the winding hills. But it is quite beautiful.

Looking forward to communicating more with you, have a Happy and Healthy New Year!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone I’m new here I’ve been crocheting for a few months now, my Nan taught me the single and double crochet �� and I’ve been going on YouTube to self teach myself since I really do love it I find it very therapeutic. I’ve made amigurumi teddy’s for my Nan and a baby’s dress to fit one of her teddies in her massive collection of Steiff bears, I’d love to learn how to made my own clothes but wouldn’t know where to start, I did have an idea of maybe making barbie and dolls outfits to get an idea of how to make clothes but would this be the same as making adult clothes on a much smaller scale? How could I make the outfits from Barbie Doll size to adult size? Is this even possible, if anyone could help I’d be very grateful thank you Maria Kelly

I’ve added pictures of my makes so far to I hope this is okay!Hi! New to the forum!-moses-jpgHi! New to the forum!-moses-nan-jpgHi! New to the forum!-heathcliff-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! What nice bears!! I love them. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you i have just looked up filet items they look beautiful you must be very skilled in crochet to do them I'm guessing, you are very talented

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome. really I only like to crochet when I have time. The filet crocheting is easy
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן