Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crochet slipper sock 1976 pattern questions

Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys can help me understand one part of this pattern?

The link to the pattern is here. Slipper Socks- Make these in your NFL colors and be the star of the show. These fit Men's Fits shoe sizes 8-12 and Women's Fits shoe sizes 5-10. You'll use worsted weight yarn and your J hook.

Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys could help me understand some things on the pattern?

The pattern says after you do even 12 rnds(for woman's size) it says this :Back -ch 11 ?

What do does that mean and what do i do with that?

Also,I was wondering if 2 balls of worsted weight yarn is enough? I am using 2 balls of Lion Brand Vannas Choice yarn in raspberry.Each ball is 100 grams 170 yards 3.5 oz balls of yarn

Also,I was wondering what this mean when it says after ch 11 rnd 1-using both loops?

Also,how do you get into the chain 11 to put sc into the 9 scs ?
    Do you have to turn the work or use the back of the ch or front?

what do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetknitfan View Post
    Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys can help me understand one part of this pattern?

The link to the pattern is here. Slipper Socks- Make these in your NFL colors and be the star of the show. These fit Men's Fits shoe sizes 8-12 and Women's Fits shoe sizes 5-10. You'll use worsted weight yarn and your J hook.

Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys could help me understand some things on the pattern?

The pattern says after you do even 12 rnds(for woman's size) it says this :Back -ch 11 ?

Also,I was wondering if 2 balls of worsted weight yarn is enough? I am using 2 balls of Lion Brand Vannas Choice yarn in raspberry.Each ball is 100 grams 170 yards 3.5 oz balls of yarn

Also,I was wondering what this mean when it says after ch 11 rnd 1-using both loops?

Also,how do you get into the chain 11 to put sc into the 9 scs ?
    Do you have to turn the work or use the back of the ch or front?

what do you guys think?
    Hello crochetknitfan, I have never made slipper socks before so I can't help you with how much yarn you will need since your pattern states to use double yarn or two strands at the same time. I did read your pattern and I will see if I can help you with your other questions.

You have finished 12 rounds of your slipper now they want you to start working on the back of the slipper. You will chain 11 and do a sc in the second chain from your hook and then sc in the next 9 chains you just made.

They want you to put your hook through both loops not to crochet in the back loop only for this .

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula Thanks for the amazing help.

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the very top of the pattern it says 'exchange to knit' I clicked on it and it's a book on how to convert patterns from knit to crochet or crochet to knit, etc. for 17.95 if anyone is interested.

How to Exchange Knitting to Crochet or Crochet to Knitting - How to Exchange CROCHET TO KNITTING

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    On the very top of the pattern it says 'exchange to knit' I clicked on it and it's a book on how to convert patterns from knit to crochet or crochet to knit, etc. for 17.95 if anyone is interested.

How to Exchange Knitting to Crochet or Crochet to Knitting - How to Exchange CROCHET TO KNITTING
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for sharing. I saw a video the other day on a lady making a basket with bulky yarn in crochet with single crochets but the stitches looked like the knit stitch. I saw it and thought about making a big basket to hold all my left over yarn. I liked the colors she used too.

Here is the video link. And a picture of the basket.

https://youtu.be/G9TxcBiDzDg
    Crochet slipper sock 1976 pattern questionsSpoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Crochetknitfan, Glad to help you when I can. Nice to see you back on the forum. Tell your sister I said hi.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Your welcome. Looks like a nice basket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. I was wondering what do I have to do in the first decrease row? It says: sc in each of next 20 sts ,Dec over next 2 sts as follows draw up a loop in each of the next 2 sts :3 loops on hook,yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook,work 1 sc ?

What does that stuff mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello crochetknifan, You are using single crochet what they want you to do after you crochet 20 single crochets is to decrease two sc into one single crochet. Below is a video to show you how to do it.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spoula. Thanks for the amazing help.
    I was wondering on the decrease rows does a person still do sc in the back loops or not?
    Also,I was wondering what does the finishing step mean:
    Fold back section in half,carefully matching sts .sl st inside loops of sides tog.finish off?

What does this stuff mean?
    Last edited by crochetknitfan; 12-10-2018 at 06:55 PM.