Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from a small town in Indiana

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone.

I'm sorta new to crocheting I guess you could say. I used to do a little bit of it several years ago but I didn't keep up with it. I just got interested in trying it again a few weeks ago. I got one of those Learn to Crochet books .. the starter kit? ... with a book and some hooks to get you started with and some patterns to try.. with that I kind of re-taught myself. I guess you can say now that I am a beginner?? I have no problem doing the different stitches.. when I don't understand one I have watched some tutorials online and they have really helped me there but its reading and understanding those patterns that have got me stumped most of the time. Trying to figure out what it is they are telling me to do gets quite confusing to me and stops me in my tracks. I hope to be able to make some new friends doing the same thing... and be able to come here to get help when I get stuck again lol.

Anyway.. Thanks for having me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barb! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb! And welcome! Sounds like you are doing ok with your crocheting! We will do all we can to answer any questions you may have! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb..welcome to the forum! I live in Frankfort Indiana..where do you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie and welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barb,

Great to have you here with us! I also have issues when reading patterns - sometimes it wracks my brains! LOL

Keep pressing in and you will make new ground in your crocheting adventure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barb and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. I'm sure you will enjoy the group and find that we can be quite friendly and helpful. What part of Indiana do you live? I lived in East Chicago for 20 years. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb, I say welcome, but I have hardly been here long myself! haha I have also taught myself, but I know many stitches I do so rarely that I forget how to do them in between! Well at Walmart the other day I looked in the incredibly shrinking craft section and I found a laminated card that folds up that has various stitches (ie; dc, trc, popcorn stitch, and many others) so I bought it. I keep it down in the side of the couch so when I crochet, if I come upon a stitch a haven't done for a while when I look over a new pattern it's right there!!! It's a great help! Good luck w/your crochet! I'm beginning again too, so have fun with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barb. I am a newcomer to this site as well. I see there are other Hoosiers who have responded too. I am from Evansville. I am sure we will both benefit from the wealth of knowledge and advice offered by the members here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to live in Hartford City, then Portland before I came back to Valdosta