Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

This is crochet related, honest.

Ok, I attempted to make a from scratch cake in the microwave and it LOOKS right. The proof will be in the taste test... Has anyone every tried to bake a cake in the mirco before? Well, there are a number of reasons why I attemped this...one being that I want to sell the dry cake ingredients in masson jars decorated w/ crochet...I have two patterns I am adapting to make a neat accesory for the jars...

Also, I am planing on making more thread handbags...I wished I was more computer savy so I could post a pic but I promise I am working on it..My friend saw one of the bags I made and the little wallet and she LOVED it and told me to make a bunch of them..so that's my goal...My hubby told me that he didn't care for the white threaded one because he thought that ladies might be worried about them getting dirty...would you? I mean it's cotton thread so you can wash it, right? Maybe the cost will determin that...well; so far I have one handbag and one wallet complete...have have four wallets (or saches ) in the to finish pile and half of another bag...hope I can keep it up...

My filet is still not square and they are in the to finish pile (although I bought the new hook I haven't attempted to filet w/ it yet)...I want to make a table runner w/ them....just haven't found the right attachment crochet idea yet...

Thanks for letting me ramble....good day to all

2. Likes libertylady64, di.sue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are so funny. Yes y e a r s s s s ago I even made a bread. The cake was so moist if you don't bake to long then its a doorstop. They even had mixes at the market. I would love to see your "neat accesorys" Ive said I work in a school and its nice to give things like that. So please share.
    Good stocjes
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I make cakes in the microwave all the time - 6 minutes per pound of ingredients and you have to use a cone in the center. How did your cake come out?

Post Thanks / Like
    well, in MY humble opinon, not so good..but my hubby really liked it...to me it wasn't as moist as I thought it would be....I also did some experimenting w/ the ingredients so that could be why...since we are staying in a HOT state right now...I don't want to turn the oven on at all.... Barbara, really? Wow, I have to try my bread recipie then....keep ya posted...Billie, I tried again w/ the pic and either my brain is fried or it's gotten thick w/ miles I've put on my body....lol; this time I tried sending my pic from my phone to my email and then....nothing...will keep trying though.. .thanks for you support...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel, not in the microwave but the oven. I tried to add to much to a cake mix a week ago and ended up with a lava cake (my name covering my mess) Then Sunday I made a banana cake (new ) my baking soda was dead. Maybe the gods are telling my something? My son loves it though. Maybe I should stick th yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    When it's really hot out and I don't want to use the oven, I make a sweet bread in my bread machine! And then when we eat it we use jam, homemade of course on it! To me that's instant cake!
    Last year for Christmas I gave my daughter a microwave cake mix in a jar! It was just a chocolate cake mix and when you baked it you added oil, an egg and a Milky Way bar! My grandson loved it because he could help make it!

Post Thanks / Like
    A milky way bar...that's cool...my oven stuff comes out ok...I have this great fannie fae farmer book so that helps...winks at billebob...I have NEVER tried the mircowave before...I've tried the crock pot; don't have a bread machine....but it was an interesting attempt...thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    PS maryhane is sweet bread like masa? I tried to make masa once and I called my Portuguese mother and she was like, oh I forgot how I made it...so I tried and it came out like a foot ball...a good tasting one but as hard as a football no less...oh this is the crochet section...um so I wrapped it in a crochet bread towel....

10. Likes billiebob, Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can go on line and try Gogling the informaiton you need with regard to baking in the microwave, which owuld also give you a few recipes that you can add to the top of the crocheted jar cover, then put the necessary ingredients inside. THis way, the receiver has at hand, a nice recipie to try with the enclosed ingredients in a crocheted cover for a jar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try making a cake in the slow cooker - sitting out on the deck. I wonder what temp the cooker uses....maybe I don't need to turn it on with the temp outside at 108.