Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Contest Drawing Details - Crochet Challenge Participants

Hello members,

We will be doing another drawing during the Crochet Challenge during the Olympic season. The contest will run during the time of the following:

http://crochettalk.com/main/2574-cro...pic-games.html

Here is how it will work:

Anyone who participates in the challenge will be entered into the drawing (accept for me and crochetgal). Crochetgal will be donating a free pattern of choice from her store to the winner.

How do we know that you have participated? First of all, let us know how you are doing with updates on your project. Tell us about your experience, what you are working on, how it is coming along, ect.

We would really like to see some pictures of your work, if you can. I know that some members can post pictures easier than others - so we understand if you cannot do this part.

If you worked on items for a charity, we would also like to know about it. We know that you will be busy with your projects during this time - just check in with us on occasion and give us an update on how you are doing and you will be entered into the drawing.

Is there a mininum number of items to make? No - if you tried to make something this counts. If you finished something, this counts.

You will have until midnight on the 20th of August to post within the forums about your experience during the crochet challenge. This will give a little bit of time to log in and give us an update if you were not able to during the crochet challenge.

Please let me know if you have any questions - appreciate it!

Please be honest and only let us know if you truly participated.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 07-16-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo/underline

2. Likes 24griff, dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we should post our hopeful goals for this challenge? My goal is to make items using only the Olympic colors and hopefully 1 item a day!

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I think that I am going to start with this first and see how I do. I have never done hats before, so this could be interesting! I am sticking with creating baby items for the crochet challenge unless I run out of yarn - which will be a first for me! LOL

6. Likes Irishjl, nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing the Apache Tears Afghan. It's a easy pattern but I've never done the long tr before. I been doing samples and find it's pulling up the stitch I'm crocheting into. I believe it's goning to be a challenge!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else's projects are!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I'm doing Lion Brand's Color Block Afghan for my crochet project and maybe a crocheted amigurumi. Everything I finish will go to charity. Also doing knitted projects for Team Texas Yarnivore in Ravellenics: 3S Shawl, a knitted felted bag and hopefully completing a WIP called the Ashton Shawl. Probably seriously overfilled my plate (hooks and needles) but I do love a challenge.
    Last edited by dragondrummer; 07-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.

10. Likes Barbara G., Irishjl, nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am doing a black and white afghan stitch blanket that I plan to embroider for my son-in-law to be. I know it won't be finished but that's my project.

12. Likes Barbara G., Irishjl, nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you show us it sounds soo cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see everyone's finished pieces but yes, when I finish, I will post a picture

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making a prayer shawl with some yarn I found at Goodwill. This is my third shawl, and this one is actually going to look pretty nice! I'm pretty excited since it's a 'v' shaped shawl and not just a long wrap.

16. Likes billiebob, Irishjl, nothingnowhere liked this post