Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all my fellow crocheters!

I am excited to have this forum to learn and share knowledge. There are several knitting groups in my area, but they mostly don't want or don't know what to do with crocheters. Glad to be here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome! I can knit but prefer to crochet. I make thread doilies.

Post Thanks / Like

Exquisite Work

Thank you for your reply. I am just astounded at the beauty and quality of your work. Due to limitations of arthritis I don't think I could do that fine work, but i certainly do enjoy seeing it done by others. Mimi

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my dear I wish you could help from arthritis! But enjoy what you can do. Is not craft great relaxing doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet today.

That is what I have to do. Crochet everyday, never mind all the other tasks that I also have to do. I don't feel much like it because it is so terribly hot here. It will reach close to 40 degrees centigrade today and we have not had any rain in over three weeks. All the crops are burning up and well as the people. Everyone is so grouchy. I do appreciate your cheerful notes, it is much appreciated. Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    mary! It s nice to hear from you! It s hot here too and I live in dry area no rains. Yes no crops too. They have AC in office I work and I feel good at work. But those who water crops will have good harvest. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds == Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you here! I do not crochet much in the summer because it is so hot, either. We have had very little rain here as well. When you walk, the ground crunches. Hopefully, we will get over this time of drought - our state has been officially cited as being in drought. I am sure there are other states as well with the same issue.

Anyway, glad to have you here on site! Look forward to hearing more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, I do not have a cat, I have a very naughty 11 week old boxer mix who chews on everything! She is now chewing on my office chair which has a metal frame. My granddaughter who lives with me brought her home 3 weeks ago and I am afraid that I can't keep her, she just ruins everything. I live in Michigan not far from the shore of Lake Michigan. It is a small town called Coopersville, but I am way in the country. I am hoping to sell this house and get a condominium...I hate yard work and my husband passed away last fall, so it is my responsibility. I don't know how much we can write about things other than crocheting, so if you wish I can give you my regular email and we won't have to take up so much space on this site. Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mary! Sorry to hear about your loss. I just like to know about far countries and people. I think here is themes to discuss other than craft thigs. You can write me privately though or Are you far from Boyne falls?
    Last edited by kl1000; 07-26-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary and welcome! Glad you joined us!