Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from a Lefty in Southern Indiana

I have been crocheting regularly only for three years. I made many attempts in prior years, but was never very successful in learning. I was determined three years ago and have not stopped since. My biggest problem resulted from being left-handed and no one was able to teach me. There are so many more teaching resources now than before (especially for lefties) and I am finally succeeding at this wonderful craft. I am by no means an expert but am having the time of my life.

I look forward to meeting others that share my obsession, especially other lefties like me. I am also pleased that my 5 1/2 year old granddaughter is a lefty and I am looking forward to the day I can teach her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruby,

Hello and welcome to the group! I also have a leftie, but I do not know if he will have any desire to learn crocheting! Glad you are here and proud that you will one day teach your granddauther the gift of learning crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome and I truly understand...I am a lefty and I had to stick with it inorder to keep my love for crochet going...the only 'friend' I had that was a lefty ended up teaching herself how to crochet right handed because of the lack of resources at the time...good for her; As for myself, I had a good start w/ my lefty all thumbs and now I'm not too bad at it..winks....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ruby..welcome to the group! I live in Frankfort Indiana..about 80+ miles from Indy..you must live close to French Lick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the Forum
    I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Hi Ruby..welcome to the group! I live in Frankfort Indiana..about 80+ miles from Indy..you must live close to French Lick.
    A bit farther southwest in Evansville.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    welcome and I truly understand...I am a lefty and I had to stick with it inorder to keep my love for crochet going...the only 'friend' I had that was a lefty ended up teaching herself how to crochet right handed because of the lack of resources at the time...good for her; As for myself, I had a good start w/ my lefty all thumbs and now I'm not too bad at it..winks....
    I bet you are selling yourself short and are very good at it. I did teach myself, but I have lots to learn. I always have to remind myself to go the opposite direction of what the directions may indicate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Forum
    I am Larisa. I make thread doilies
    Amazing to hear from people so far away. Thread doilies are quickly becoming a favorite for me. I thought the thread would be too difficult to work with. I have not worked with anything smaller than #10 yet though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol...eh I'm ok...thread is great; I actually prefere it over yarn....I like yarn if I'm knooking....I made a thread shirt and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be....glad to have met you...