Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Help

I'm new here and to crocheting. I was wondering if my single crochet blanket (in process of making) is suppose to be wavy?Help-2012-07-11_13-19-37_427-jpgHelp-2012-07-11_20-58-20_334-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Smile help

CandiBlue, while looking at your pictures -- the curving looks like it is because your stitching is tight in some areas and not the same tightness in others areas -- the tension is different ... try relaxing your stitches and not doing them so tight -- It may help to fix the "wavy" situation.

BTW: welcome to Crochet Talk -- I have been crocheting since I was 10 and am now in my late 40's ( 30 + years ) - I am not by any means an expert but it does look like your tension ( how tight or loose you crochet ) is what is causing your "wavy" look .. I hope this helps some to "fix" the situation.. :-)

I was also wondering what size hook you are using -- in the picture it looks to be a really small hook --
    I usually use a size "g" or "h" when I am doing a single crochet pattern - the hook in the photo looks like it is a size "e" or "f" .
    Try switching hooks before you get too far into your project
    Last edited by twoheartsonehome; 07-11-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: additional information

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using a size g hook. and i was thinking my tension needs to be worked on
    thanks for the helpful tips
    Quote Originally Posted by twoheartsonehome View Post
    CandiBlue, while looking at your pictures -- the curving looks like it is because your stitching is tight in some areas and not the same tightness in others areas -- the tension is different ... try relaxing your stitches and not doing them so tight -- It may help to fix the "wavy" situation.

BTW: welcome to Crochet Talk -- I have been crocheting since I was 10 and am now in my late 40's ( 30 + years ) - I am not by any means an expert but it does look like your tension ( how tight or loose you crochet ) is what is causing your "wavy" look .. I hope this helps some to "fix" the situation.. :-)

I was also wondering what size hook you are using -- in the picture it looks to be a really small hook --
    I usually use a size "g" or "h" when I am doing a single crochet pattern - the hook in the photo looks like it is a size "e" or "f" .
    Try switching hooks before you get too far into your project

Post Thanks / Like
    I too think you have a tension problem! That problem will go away with practice! We've all been there at some point, so don't give up!