Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
    Post Thanks / Like

Yellow and Grey Baby Blanket Finished

I finally finished this blanket. Had some problems with my hand again too much crochet. Had to wear a brace until the tendons healed up. This past weekend I just found out that my other niece is going to have a baby in February. They don't know yet the gender of the baby. I kind of hope for a girl as I like to make baby dresses and I have had a lot of practice lately.

For the blanket I decided to use more yellow as I could not get my head wrapped around grey for a new baby. Looks like that color is popular for baby blankets this year. The colors were a special request from my niece. Funny thing is the grey yarn is called flannel and in the house it looks grey but outside it looks light purple to me.

I didn't have a pattern I just used some different stitches for the body of the blanket then some shells for the border. I decided to use a thin line of grey to separate some of the yellow border. I wanted it to be a crib blanket but my hand just wouldn't hold out so the blanket is square.

All I need to do now is block it and I am done.

I have also attached a swatch of the Entrelac stitch in grey and yellow. I like this stitch and it was fun to do. I think I will make a little blanket with this stitch for the car seat just a little cover up nothing big.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Yellow and Grey Baby Blanket Finished-folded-blanket-jpg Yellow and Grey Baby Blanket Finished-yellow-grey-baby-blanket-jpg Yellow and Grey Baby Blanket Finished-entrelac-swatch-crochet-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 08-05-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Thanks to all who have sent likes and responded

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    looks nice Spoula
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Thanks for the compliment. You should try that Entrelac stitch it is fun to do. I like the way it looks.
    You always crochet with lots of color so I know if you try it the item will be unique.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks so soft. Nice job.
    Leona

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you mnleona, The blanket is very soft. I used baby yarn with #3 weight.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely work, as always!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Nova, I was thinking about making a different one as I am still not happy with that grey.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your items so nice
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Larisa. Now if I could just crochet like you all my items would be perfect. You are amazing.

Spoula

10. Likes kl1000 liked this post