Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Need Help

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help

Hi, I just started this and I'm on the rnd where I skip stitches to make the armholes which is about 15 or 16 minutes in the video. I crocheted 17 hdc's and skipped 17 sts and put a hdc in the 18th st for the 1st armhole. Counting the hdc I crocheted in the 18th st as the 1st hdc - I crocheted a hdc in the next 22 sts. I then skipped 17 sts for the 2nd armhole and here's where I have a question. I put a hdc in the next st which is the 18th st so I have the 2nd armhole but according to the video he only has 5 sts left (counting the 18th st as the 1st st) I have a total of 82 sts left before I get back to the beginning of the rnd. Did I do something wrong? Actually the armholes are on rnd. 7 (on 12:37 of the video) I'm crocheting the 3 month size like he is in the video. What did I do wrong? How come I have 82 sts left before I get back to the beginning of rnd instead of only 5 sts left like on the video?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie,
    Round 7 says it is a little different to start you ch 2 skip the first stitch then hdc in the next 17 stitches, then chain 1 you will count over 18 stitches fold the material to form the sleeve and hdc in the 18th stitch, then hdc for 22 stitches, ch 1, sk 17 stitches go into the 18th stitch hdc and hdc the remaining stitches that should be 5.

Spoula

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started over and am starting the skirt part of the dress. I'm using a L size crochet hook. On the video he uses a H crochet hook but that didn't look like it would fit over the baby's head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie, Your first post was that you were making this dress in the 3 month size. The yarn stretches over the babies head and that circle becomes the neck of the bodice so if you are moving up 4 hook sizes (h to L) your neck line will be way to big for a 3 month old baby.
    Did you start over at just the skirt or the bodice too? Was my instructions to your post helpful? You didn't say but just that you were starting over so I don't know if I was any help or not.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 07-18-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished the dress and took a picture but didn't post it yet. I'm now working on a crocheted cookie monster. I have some cookies that I put on crocheted plates and want to make a few more. On the body of the cookie monster I increased up to 30 sts. and then I'm supposed to *decrease in the next 2 sts and crochet in the next 2 sts* around and end up with 24 sts. I have 22 sts. On the 21st st I have a decrease st. I had 30 sts before this rnd but I can't seem to get down to the 24 sts.

I had to put the last st of the rnd back in the first st to get 24 sts.

Post Thanks / Like
    After rnds 10 and 11 of the body on the cookie monster I'm supposed to decrease and end up with 12 sts. I ended up with 16 sts by putting the last st in the 1st st the last st of this rnd is a sc I'm going to continue.

I didn't have black felt for the mouth or the black for the eyes so I did a magic circle and did 4 sc's in ring, pulled the other yarn to close the circle, cut yarn and ended off for the eyes and shaped it and sewed it on (I made 2, 1 for each eye)

For the mouth I did a magic circle, 6 sc's in ring, closed ring, chained 1 and turned and sc'd to end of row, cut yarn and ended off.

I have all of the cookie monster done and sewed together except for the feet.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-21-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Front
    Need Help-001-jpg
    Back
    Need Help-002-jpg

The pattern is above. I used a variegated yarn and then put white on the neckline and edge of the sleeves.

9. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I finished the dress and took a picture but didn't post it yet. I'm now working on a crocheted cookie monster. I have some cookies that I put on crocheted plates and want to make a few more. On the body of the cookie monster I increased up to 30 sts. and then I'm supposed to *decrease in the next 2 sts and crochet in the next 2 sts* around and end up with 24 sts. I have 22 sts. On the 21st st I have a decrease st. I had 30 sts before this rnd but I can't seem to get down to the 24 sts.

I had to put the last st of the rnd back in the first st to get 24 sts.

On the body of the cookie monster when you have 30 sts and are decreasing, to get back down to 24 it's decrease in next 2 sts and then sc in the next 3 sts, not sc in the next 2 like it says.
    JeanMarie

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, on the body of the cookie monster when you have 24 sts, and it says to decrease in the next 2 sts and sc in next st and you're supposed to end up with 12 sts. That's not right. I had 24 sts and I decreased in the 1st 2 sts and sc'd in the next 2 sts and ended up with 18 sts. If you look at when they increased the sts. It was 6, 12, 18, 24

Now that I have 18 sc's and if I *decrease in the next 2 sts and sc in the next* around then I'll end up with 12 sts

I'm going to stuff it now while I have 18 sts before I decrease and sc in next st and then have 12 sts.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-23-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When increasing on the head of the cookie monster going from 24 sts to 30 doesn't work out. I have 24 sts and put 2 sc's in the first st and then a sc in the next 3 sts. After I get up to 30 sts I have 1 more st left. So I'll add another sc making it 31 sts. Again, when it's supposed to be 36 sts when increasing I get 37 sts.

I started to decrease on the head and it's a decrease and sc in the next 4 sts around and at the end of rnd I have a decrease and 2 sc's that makes 36 sts.

When decreasing to what's supposed to be 12 sts on the head of the cookie monster I end up with 25 sts. I did the decrease and sc in next 2 sts for another rnd and have 3 sts left which leaves me with 19 sts. I did this again and ended up w/1 more st instead of 2 sts after the decrease. I ended up w/14 sts. I think I better stuff it before it gets too small.

Now when increasing after having 24 sts I ended up w/30 sts like I'm supposed to. I'm working on the body now.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-24-2018 at 04:53 PM.