Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Wal-Mart

Post Thanks / Like

Wal-Mart

I just wanted to give a heads up I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and to my surprise they have changed things almost back to the way it was a few years ago. Material and a newly set-up yarn section. They had alot of spaces but the spaces had tags were stock should be. They have patteren books for sewing and a notions replentish for all. I was really happy. Now could I find someone to help???
    I know don't wish for to much. LOL
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Billie ..I heard ours in Indiana was changing too but haven't check it out yet..

Post Thanks / Like
    Billie,

Ours has downsized! I wonder if they are going to add more things for people starting on holiday projects in our area? Glad you here you are having more things available!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a fairly new Walmart-about a mile down the road from another one, that has a really nice craft section! Maybe they are listening after all??!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must have been a lot of customer complaints as the Wal-Mart in my town just added (put back) it's yarn section. I was astounded as I walked up and down aisles to find rows of Super Saver and various notions. The section is smaller than it once was, but at least it's there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several Walmart's in my area. Two of them have eliminated their craft section. One of them has minimal stuff and the other still has some fabric bolts, but much less than before. I haven't been to any of them in quite a while so I don't know if they have broght back any craft sections.

Post Thanks / Like

WalMart

Our local one has NO yarn at all. Anything to do w/ yarn.....hooks, needles, looms, etc.....are completely gone. Fabric section has increased tho. Really discouraging as there is no place locally to get yarn. Can't afford the one specialty store that charges like 9.00 for a small ball. I feel sorry for the senior citizens who depended on WalMart for their yarn. I am hoping they will bring it back soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know where you live, but our two Super WalMarts within 4 mile so fmy house, have almost nothing, and you don;t darew blink, as you pass the dept. Many empty hooks, no needles, or hooks are there, and the selection of yarn takes up a space which is about 3 feet long, and 1 shelf. Extremely small fabric dept. in one, with no one working the dept. Ring a bell and someone from the Auto Dept. comes over to help, HE:P? You know more then they do.
    Many lettters sent to the home office by those who knot and crochet have gone unanswered.
    Happy shopping wherever you live.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in NH. Nearest WalMart to us is about 25 miles. It is not a supercenter but it is in a very visible and busy tourist area. You would think they would keep stuff like yarn as alot of people take projects w/ them to do on vacations. The nearest supercenter is about 40 miles. They still have yarn tho not as much as a couple of yrs ago. That WalMart has completely done away w/ fabrics. There is a rumor that the local one is trying to become a supercenter so hopefully they will bring the yarn and supplies back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I e-mailed the company I was so upset. They wrote me back and said that they were changing most stores craft departments to a party department. They said that they went by which stores had the most sales in that area to decide. I'm thankful that the one here still has a little yarn, and so far is the type I like to use, but, I may have to resort to buying mine online.