Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What brand of yarn is your favorite to crochet with?

For me I have to say that the hobby lobby "I love this yarn", Lion Brand Home Spun Yarn, Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Yarn. Red Heart Super Saver Yarn is good for some things but it tends to have a bit of roughness to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have always used Red Heart, but recently started venturing out. For the challenge during the olympics, I purchased Bernet Baby Sport. It feels really nice! I will soon try some others as well when I have time to get the to bigger city. I am limited to what I have to choose from here in town.

Post Thanks / Like
    i usually have used Red heart and Bernat because their jumbo balls are a good buy an they hold up well. I also have just tried michaels impeccable and loops and threads and it works up great. i have just ordered some stylecraft dk from deramores and here great things about it so I can't wait to receive it in the mail

Happy Stitching ~Melanie~
    MsStitchWitch on Crochetville
    MsStitchWitch73 on Ravelry

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Red Heart super Saver the most because it holds up well when making toys! I also use Caron Simple Soft for the things I make for my granddaughters! And I use whatever brand that's a good price or somebody has given me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Red Heart Super Saver the most because of the cost and it holds up really well. But I also like LionBrand, Caron, and Vanna's Choice for clothing. And I will also get whatever's on sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use caron one pounder & red heart..Jo-ann has a sale on line for the caron one pounder today..its usually 8.99 but 6.29 today only..

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Red Heart because it doesn't separate but it is not as soft as others. Also I found some of the other yarn does not come out from the center which I really prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Lion Brand Vanna's Choice because it glides easily through my fingers and is soft, and inexpensive. But when I use a pattern, I always buy the recommended yarn in the pattern, as I have found that my project turns out best when I do this. I have been disappointed in some of the first projects I made because I did not follow the reccommended yarn on the pattern. I can always find any yarn on line if my local store doesn't have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree that Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" is the BEST! Comes in worsted weight and sport weight, as well as cotton. So much softer that other brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use Bernat baby and Lion Brand Pound of Love -- Because of the size of the skein -- I can make one baby size blanket with one skein of the Pound of Love --- for other projects I use Caron one Pound yarn --.