Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun Question: What summer crochet projects are you working on?

Fun Question: What summer crochet projects are you working on?

Love to hear about your summer crochet projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I've crocheted some newborn size dresses, a couple toddler size dresses and a child tunic and just finished a blanket. I started crocheting the doll dress last night and am now working on the skirt (white underskirt) of the dress. It's ch 3 (counts as dc and ch1) and dc, ch 1 around and ss to ch3. I've been ss to the top of ch 3 at end of round but then there isn't a ch 1 between the last st and the 1st st.( I mean there isn't a ch 1 between the ch 3 and the 1st st because I've been joining w/ ss in the top of ch 3. If it was ss at end of rnd in top of ch 2 then there would be a ch 1 between the last st and the 1st st but it's ss in ch 3. So am I doing it wrong since I'm joining w/ ss in top of ch 3 at end of rnd? Oh well, this is the way I've been doing it so I'll continue this way.

https://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1252.html

I'm on rnd 5. maybe rnd 6 - 11 I could join w ss in the 2nd of the 3 chains at the end of the rnd? because it says to ss to ch 3 not on the top of ch 3
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-10-2018 at 12:59 PM.

3. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 1st 5 rnds I ss on top of ch 3 at end of rnd. At end of rnd 6 I ss in the 2nd ch of the ch 3 so I have that ch 1. I could've taken out up to the end of rnd 5 and crocheted in the 2nd ch of the ch 3 but I didn't. It's in the top of ch 3 at the end of rnd 5. Now I'm on rnd 7.

It looks like I might've skipped a stitch by mistake when I started on the skirt part. I only have 49 dc's instead of 50 dc's. Although on rnd 12 it's supposed to be 101 dc's plus the chain makes 102 dc's. I can make it 102 dc's by adding a few dc's spaced apart.

I have 9 rnds done. I thought it was 9 rnds done ; I counted 10 rnds done. I just did one more rnd so I have 11 rnds done.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-10-2018 at 06:34 PM.

5. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet the red tablecloth.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Likes Barbara G., Nova55, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    The 1st 5 rnds I ss on top of ch 3 at end of rnd. At end of rnd 6 I ss in the 2nd ch of the ch 3 so I have that ch 1. I could've taken out up to the end of rnd 5 and crocheted in the 2nd ch of the ch 3 but I didn't. It's in the top of ch 3 at the end of rnd 5. Now I'm on rnd 7.

It looks like I might've skipped a stitch by mistake when I started on the skirt part. I only have 49 dc's instead of 50 dc's. Although on rnd 12 it's supposed to be 101 dc's plus the chain makes 102 dc's. I can make it 102 dc's by adding a few dc's spaced apart.

I have 9 rnds done. I thought it was 9 rnds done ; I counted 10 rnds done. I just did one more rnd so I have 11 rnds done.
    Hope you get your project done! I have not had any time to crochet lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my summer projects is to begin making Christmas ornaments. It is a tradition I started with my first born. The number of ornaments to make has grown over the years to include nieces,nephews and now their children. I had to add another last year with the birth of a great niece. So the total is 15. This year I am making little mittens with faces. Am also working on an Afghan.

10. Likes Barbara G., Nova55, missro007, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    One of my summer projects is to begin making Christmas ornaments. It is a tradition I started with my first born. The number of ornaments to make has grown over the years to include nieces,nephews and now their children. I had to add another last year with the birth of a great niece. So the total is 15. This year I am making little mittens with faces. Am also working on an Afghan.
    Great idea! Love it! Love to see some photos sometime if you would like to share with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on Tides of Change.
    Last edited by BobbieJoe; 06-25-2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbieJoe View Post
    I am working on Tides of Change.
    Hello - it this a crochet blanket or afghan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is. It is a round afghan. I am going to use it for a rug.

16. Likes Barbara G., Nova55 liked this post