Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I put a fringe on the ends of a long chain?

I made a child tunic and it's a draw string on the back. The draw string is a long chain and it's supposed to have fringes on both ends. How do I do that? Am I supposed to make fringes in the chains on the end? or do I take some strands of yarn and tie them on the end of the chain?

https://www.hookedonhomemadehappines...erm=2018-05-07

200 chains was too long of a chain. It's 125 chains if I counted right. Now I counted 128 chains.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-08-2018 at 11:30 AM.

2. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie,
    I put two links out there to help you. I know you know how to make fringe. You can cut your lengths as long as you want and add how many threads or yarn you want in the fringe. Then just loop it to bottom of you Chains or the end of your tunic.

Hope this helps,
    Spouls

4. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Thanks for replying. It's been a long time since I did a fringe except for now. I kind of knew how to do it and I probably should've watched videos on how to do it but I did watch the videos you posted but I was wondering how I put a fringe on the end of a chain not on the bottom of something but on the end of a chain. I just put fringes in the end chain instead of around it but I had to do it a few times to get all the yarn through. I just did one side so far and have to do the other side. Putting fringes on the bottom of the tunic is a good idea. Maybe I'll do that too. I put fringes on a blanket before but not on a chain.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was working on the blanket with the 3 Greek letters for my niece I did put some fringes on but then decided not to put fringes on and took out what fringes I had but that was a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure this will work as I haven't tested it out, but in my mind it sounded good Haha. At the end of your chain where you want your fringe, create a circle with a slip stitch and crochet around it once to reinforce it, then tie your fringe to the circle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Sue View Post
    I am not sure this will work as I haven't tested it out, but in my mind it sounded good Haha. At the end of your chain where you want your fringe, create a circle with a slip stitch and crochet around it once to reinforce it, then tie your fringe to the circle.
    Hi Sue,
    That's an idea but I already tied the fringe in the chain. Thanks for the idea.
    Jean Marie