Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Janis here! Hello!

OK, hi to everyone, and I hope you are all well. It's marvellously hot and sunny in Manchester UK. Enjoying the sunshine. Im 62 (going on 29) and I live with my artist husband in a large Victorian terraced house in the city of Manchester. My hobbies are crafting. I am not very good at it, because for years I have had to have a proper job, can't have two poor artists in one house, someone has to pay the bills. But I decided to reintroduce myself to crafting. Knitting, crocheting, embroidery, jewellery making. And I have discovered that the internet is a wonderful source of inspiration. My absolute favourite is Sophie Digard. Her work is rustic and wobbly and wonderful. She embraces the slightly out of shape pieces and just combines them to give her work that certain style. Whereas, for years, I have been told, that seam is not straight, that piece needs pulling back, that's no good, etc etc. But Sophie owns the misshapen and wobbly pieces, and makes them work. And I am inspired to do something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janis,
    Welcome to CT

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello janisdolan, Welcome to the forum nice to have you with us all the way from the UK.
    Look forward to seeing some of your crafts.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! It is wonderful to meet you and have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I crochet filet items.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן