Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Whip Cream Dress I'm Making?

I'm on rnd 17 of the skirt. I took out rnd 17 and did it over. Just left of the white yarn in the picture is where I joined and started rnd 17 (rnd 10 repeat). I did the 10 repeats and can do the dc in next 2 dc's, ch 2, dc in next ch 2 sp, ch 2 - that I can do although it's the start of the next rnd, but then it says to dc in next 2 dc's and that I can't do cause I have a ch 3 and a dc that I started rnd 17 with so am I supposed to work into the ch 3 and dc?

Whip Cream Dress I'm Making?-dresses-005-jpg

Jean Marie

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,
    Rnd 10: Slip st in next dc, slip st in next ch‑2 sp and in next dc, ch 3, dc in next dc, † ch 3, skip next ch‑3 sp, (sc in next ch‑3 sp, ch 3) 4 times, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, dc in next ch‑2 sp, ch 2 †, dc in next 2 dc; repeat from 10 times more, then repeat from † to † once; join with slip st to first dc.
    Looking at your picture you should have 2 dc ch2 2 dc at the beginning and the end of the round.
    Where your hook is at in the picture I do not see a set of 2 dc. Look at the row 10 pattern you would have started your round by ss past the first 2 dc and started your round on the last 2 dc so at the end of the round where your hook is now you would only have to do this
    dc in next 2 dc, ch 2
    But I don't see a set of 2dc,ch2,2 dc for you to ss to.

I am going to try and attach 2 pictures one is just row 10 the other is row 10 and 17 they are just alike notice the dc on both sides of the chain 3 spaces total o 4

I cannot take good pictures so I hope you can see the stitches.

I hope this helps
    SpoulaWhip Cream Dress I'm Making?-row-10-17-jpg
    Whip Cream Dress I'm Making?-row-17-jpg

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the picture that I posted to the left and just below of the white yarn is a ch 3. To the left of the ch 3 is a dc, then a space and 2 dc's. When I ended rnd 16 (same as rnd 9) I joined the yarn w/a ss to the 1st dc which is at the top of ch 3. Starting on rnd 17 (rnd 10) I ss on the next dc, ch sp and dc so at the end of rnd 17 after it says 4 times (so you know where I'm talking about in the pattern) I can dc in next 2 dc's (that would be just to the left of the white yarn) and I can ch 2 and dc in the ch 2 sp and ch 2 because I joined w/a ss at the end of rnd 16 and at the beg of rnd 17 I slip stitched into the dc, sp and dc and like I said I can dc into these sts because I ss into them at the beg of rnd. Then after the cross or plus sign it says to dc into next 2 dc's so am I supposed to go into the ch 3 and dc?

To the left and just below the white yarn is a ch 3. To the left of the ch 3 is a dc. To the left of the dc is a space. To the left of the space are 2 more dc's which has a ch 3 and a dc in it so at the end of rnd 17 it's these 2 dc's (ch 3 and dc) that I work into?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm supposed to work into the ch 3 and dc on the end of rnd 17 (rnd 10) then starting rnd 11 it says to ch 3 and dc in next dc - in order to dc I would have to skip the sc and ch 3 that I did the 4 times

Post Thanks / Like
    I see the cluster isn't until rnd. 35 which I'm not up to yet. I read on how to do a cluster and it sounds like a dc2tog. I just noticed this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie.
    Looking at this picture after you make your last sc (4 times) you have 2 dc you will slip stitch to that first dc (you call a chain3) to start the next round. Since row 17 is a repeat of row 10 they should have been the same. I didn't see the dc the first time I looked. You are at the right place to complete your round it looks like.

I think you are doing your rounds correctly.

I am looking at the first dress I made to verify the rows. As I told you in a private message I didn't follow the pattern for this first dress and started my rows at different places. So it takes me a little while to figure out where you are and what I did if that makes sense.
    Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why we're not understanding each other or maybe you understand me but I don't understand what you mean. The ch 3 just to the left of the white yarn (the beg of rnd) in the picture counts as a dc. To the left of the white yarn I have 2 dc's, a space and 2 dc's. The 1st 2 dc's to the left of the yarn, the space and the next dc I slip stitched into. Then I have a ch 3 I did and the next dc I put a dc into at the beginning of rnd 17. The first time I did rnd 10 I don't think I had to go past the beg of the rnd to finish it. This time I got back to the beginning and there's more sts to do on the pattern. Maybe I should just skip the last part and start on rnd. 18 (rnd.11).
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-08-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if someone draws it they can see it. On a piece of paper draw 2 vertical lines - these will be the dc's. Leave a space on the right side of the 2 dc's and draw 2 more vertical lines to the right of the space. To the right of that write beg rnd 10. Now on the vertical line that you drew that's way to the left, the first vertical line that you drew - draw another vertical line on top of that one and just before your space draw a ch 3 on top of the next vertical line

double crochet, chain 3
    double crochet, double crochet, space, double crochet, double crochet, beginning rnd 10

Now draw a circle starting from the beg rnd 10 going all the way to the left and around and back to the beginning of rnd 10. Now maybe someone can see where I'm at. Now there's a few more sts to finish rnd 10. The dc that has a ch 3 on top of it and the dc that has a dc on top of it so after going around back to the beg I can't put dc's into the last 2 dc's but I can put dc's into the ch 3 and dc but if I do that then on the next round in order to put a dc in the next st I would have to skip 4 sc's. So maybe it would be best to just skip the last part of rnd 10 (rnd 17) and start on rnd 18 (which would be rnd 11)
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,
    On this picture you have a piece of white yarn. It looks like it is in the chain 3 space where you would have done 4 sc. If so that could be your problem. Look at those chain 3 spaces you should have skipped the first one and started your single crochets in the second chain 3 sp. then all you have to do is slip stitch to the first dc. That is it start the next round.

I hope you get the help you need and can finish your dress. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    If I'm supposed to work into the ch 3 and dc on the end of rnd 17 (rnd 10) then starting rnd 11 it says to ch 3 and dc in next dc - in order to dc I would have to skip the sc and ch 3 that I did the 4 times
    At the end of rnd 10 you would have joined to the first double crochet(you call a chain 3). When you start rnd 11 the chain 3 is in the first dc then you dc in the dc right next to the one you just did

See the instructions below. You are making this way too hard don 't over think this pattern it is not hard to do.

The bold print on the pattern is what you will do at the end of rnd 10 or rnd 17 they are the same

Rnd 10: Slip st in next dc, slip st in next ch‑2 sp and in next dc, ch 3, dc in next dc, † ch 3, skip next ch‑3 sp, (sc in next ch‑3 sp, ch 3) 4 times, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, dc in next ch‑2 sp, ch 2 †, dc in next 2 dc; repeat from 10 times more, then repeat from † to † once; join with slip st to first dc.

For rnd 11 you just joined to the first dc to start the rnd chain 3 in the dc you joined to this starts the rnd then dc in the next dc and continue
    Rnd 11: Ch 3, dc in next dc, † ch 3, skip next ch‑3 sp, (sc in next ch‑3 sp, ch 3) 3 times, dc in next 2 dc, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next dc, ch 2 †, dc in next 2 dc; repeat from 10 times more, then repeat from † to † once; join with slip st to first dc.

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post