Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Never to late!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Never to late!!

I know I haven't posted in a while,because of illness and what else could happen,but never the less I survive. My thing is because I haven't crocheted in a while I'm lost again. I always seem to need help. I'm 65 now and been crocheting since I was 12 seems as though I should not be having all this trouble,but there's this pattern{it's free} it's at bonnieclaycrochet.com,it's call Basketweave Diamond Throw and Pillow. My problem is I can't get pass the front ridge note they have for row two and three in order to get to the fourth row for the cables. You would have to go to the site under patterns it's the second one.
    If not asking to much I promise I wouldn't be a bother anymore. Also I didn't get to say thanks for the last help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I could not find the site you listed. Please let us know if it is different. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Site`

Sorry the site is bonniebay.com the designer is Bonnie Barker.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again,

Exactly, what are you having a challeng with? Following the instructions in row 2 & 3? I am not sure I quite understand your need. Thank you for the clarification. Other members will also be checking in who are much more advanced than I am. We will do our best to help you out! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are you having problems with?

This is the pattern link that I've found
    Basketweave Diamond Throw & Pillow Crochet Pattern | Red Heart
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tlaine ....on row 2 you chain 1 then slip stitch though the front loops only across..turn.. chain 1..single crochet in the back loops across... you are useing the loops on the first row.. hope I explain that right..

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this is the problem or not...

when you do a single crochet across..if you look at your row..it has two loops on each stitch....those are the loops you are going into..

Post Thanks / Like

Throw

Note say's Both rows of front ridge are worked in the same sts. Row two is worked into front loops only,turn and work third row in free loops.{I get that} turn
    fourth row ch1 sc in first sc ch three skip next two sc,turn and work sc in each ch-3 just made,sl st in next sc than it it say's turn.What sc is that?,{cable made}
    than it say turn work behind the cable sc in each skipped sc. I think I'll leave it alone for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tlaine check out the link above...I hope it helps.