Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Afghan for Baby Boy

I'm really stumped on this one. My daughter is expecting a baby boy in November - which gives me plenty of time to make an afghan for the new little one. I have made an afghan for each grandchild - including a ripple, a popcorn stitch, a granny square and a very frilly one for a granddaughter. I'd like to do something different for this one, but just can't seem to find the 'right' pattern. Anybody out there have a favorite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can do a filet style blanket with pictures of baby boy toys like trucks or puppy dogs or even just the letters of baby boy ... You can find many patterns at allfreecrochet.com --- they have a variety of patterns that you can search and print out for free ... Hope this helps you out a bit :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a cute one that I found for free:

Afghan for Baby Boy

Free Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern

I am not sure what you skill level is, but this one is for beginners.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the train from this pattern on a vest for my grandson!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, ladies! I had not thought of a 'picture' afghan. There's certainly lot's to choose from, isn't there? Maryjane - how did you use the train for a boy's vest? How did you make it small enough? Or did you just use the engine? What a cute idea! Twoheartsonehome and Barbara G - Great ideas! I'll have lots to choose from with your links. Oh boy! More choices!! I love it! Thank you, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the engine and one car on the vest! Yes I did make them smaller! Iused baby yarn and a small hook! I'll look and see if I have a photo of it!