Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

INVITE: Online Crochet Survey for Research Purposes

Hello members,

University of Wollongong (Australia) would like to invite you to complete an anonymous, online survey investigating how crochet impacts your health and wellbeing. The survey also asks questions about how and why you use online forums about crochet.

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/crochetsurvey

The research is being carried out by researchers (and crocheters) from the University of Wollongong, Australia and is not-for-profit.

Please feel free to forward this link to friends and family who crochet.

Thank you for your interest in our research.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think I would be a good one to take the survey but I just finished the survey but then that last part about helping charities and winning prizes they asked for my email address and I didn't want to do that. Otherwise I don't mind helping charities but if that means mailing something you've crocheted I don't know what the cost would be and I hope I answered the questions right. I know there's not a right or wrong answer but I wanted to put my best answer for the survey. I know answering the questions will be different for each person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I didn't think I would be a good one to take the survey but I just finished the survey but then that last part about helping charities and winning prizes they asked for my email address and I didn't want to do that. Otherwise I don't mind helping charities but if that means mailing something you've crocheted I don't know what the cost would be and I hope I answered the questions right. I know there's not a right or wrong answer but I wanted to put my best answer for the survey. I know answering the questions will be different for each person.
    Hmm - when I took the survey, it did not ask for that information. So, I wonder if they changed it?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I will take it again in an incognito window to see if the questions have been changed and to see if it asks for personal information now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just took the survey again and did not get any questions about personal info, nor did it come up for me to submit information to make crochet items for other people to send. So, I am not sure why this came up on your survey? I did not come across anything about winning prizes or helping out a charity for crochet? So, again, I am not sure why this came up for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    After you take the survey and click 'done' something comes up asking about what you want to do. It has 2 bullet points and you can click on one of the bullet points. I happened to click on the one about charities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..okay. When I clicked done it took me to the site which does the survey data and I simply closed the website at that point.

Thank you.