Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Softening Super Saver

When your project is complete, but before adding fringe, soak it in a solution of liquid fabric softener/water. Run it through the dryer with a fabric softener sheet. voila! You get a nice soft scarf (or whatever it is you've made).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! I use a lot of Red Heart Super Saver yarn because it is sturdy yarn to use in kids playthings!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea - thanks for sharing with the group!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Softening Super Saver

It also helps to work your stitches a bit loosely if possible (it depends on what you are making, I know.) It seems to get stiffer the tighter the stitches have to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the info. I love soft yarn, but also love the price & colors of super saver. Nanas Dreams

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, save your money and just use white vinegar! Add a bit of pong with lavender water if you must. All that synthetic stuff, can't be good

7. Likes chefmomster2, Irishjl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is easy to soften the finished project and the colors are great but I would enjoy working with Super Saver a great deal more if it was a bit easier on these "old" hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I find the super savers are great on price but a pain in the arse to use sometimes...I am making a poncho, and I am using two kinds of yarn, one is a super saver and the other is a nice soft one, and I tell ya, having to go back and forth w/ the colour change that super saver slowes me down and just gets caught in my hook...so I like this idea because I was curious to know what to do w/ the rest of my super saver yarn and how scratch it feels....so I can make it soft! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I love the price on "super saver" yarns but they are rough on the hands. ( I use it anyway)

Post Thanks / Like
    Take the label off your super saver & put in in a lingere bag & wash & dry it using a dryer sheert or stuff in the washer.You MUST put it in something so it wont unwind. Nylons work too.I,ve done it & it works. Just keep checking it when you get it out of the drier to make sure its dry. I stick my fingers in the middle & loosen it seversl times after the drier to be sure its dry.

12. Likes greenmeadow, Irishjl, GrammaJoe liked this post