Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Double pointed needles 10 inch/8 inch questions

Hi.I was searching on Google for different brand names for 10 and 8 inch double pointed needles and couldn't find a ton of pages or information about them.they shouldn't be hard to find. What do you guys think?I'm looking for the steel aluminium 10 inch ones.Is there a lot of brand names or any different websites you can buy them from?
    Last edited by crochetknitfan; 03-28-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know but double pointed needles are for knitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean the double ended cro-hooks? I don't know much about them but have seen them advertised on Annie's Attic & Leisure Arts. I hope you can find them

Post Thanks / Like
    double ended crochet hooks are for the afghan stitch or Tunisian stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello crochetknitfan, Double pointed needles are used mostly in knitting to do sleeves and smaller parts of the item that you cannot do with long knitting needles.

Here are some brand names that are at the JoAnn's fabric store. I don't know what part of the country you live in so you may be better off ordering your needles from Amazon.

Below is a list of names that sell double pointed needles. You can find them at most any crochet/knitting/craft store.

* Clover
    * Quicksilver
    * Susan Bates
    * Lion Brand

The only size 8 and size 10 needles I have seen at JoAnn's is by Lion Brand.

I get my knitting needles at Hobby Lobby or Michaels and use circular needles instead of double pointed needles to make my sleeves.

Hope this helps you.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-08-2018 at 02:22 PM.

6. Thanks crochetknitfan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spoula and jean marie,

Thank you so much for the help.i will try to check out the brands you mentioned spoula,they seem like really good brands

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetknitfan View Post
    Hi spoula and jean marie,

Thank you so much for the help.i will try to check out the brands you mentioned spoula,they seem like really good brands

Hello crochetknitfan, You are welcome. I taught myself how to knit watching you tube videos so I didn't know if I would like it as much as crochet. So I got a few from Michaels in aluminum but I have read where folks that knit more than me swear by bamboo or wood knitting needles as the yarn does not fall off as easily as it does with metal ones. I think it is just a matter of choice if you are going to do a lot of knitting than you might want to invest in quality needles. If you are only going to knit a few things just to see if you like it the metal ones are not as expensive.
    Spoula

10. Thanks crochetknitfan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spoula, thanks for the help.i'll check out the bamboo or wood knitting needles you mention.they sound better and easier than the aluminium ones