Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

New member Star3000

Hello everyone. This is my first time joining any kind of forum. I hope someone can help me with my problem. I have been crocheting for many years and have been able to follow most patterns I have encountered. However, I recently downloaded a pattern for a stuffed beagle online and have had many problems with it. My main problem is this. To keep track of the rounds in a pattern I have found that I was told to slip stitch at the end of a row and do another either sc or dc and turn. This pattern does not always say to do this. How do I keep track of rounds and stitches in a circle without slip stitches? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Star,
    Welcome. You can put a piece of a different color yarn other than the color of your project in the 1st stitch so you know when the end of the rnd, is.

3. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! You can also use markers for counting. In the past, I have even used a loop earring when I did not have crochet markers. You can also use a safety pin at the beginning of each round. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to both Jean Marie and Barbara G. I'll try marking the rows to see if that helps.

6. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Star
    Nice to meet you. It sounds like you are new to amigurumi. I love making amigurumi and that is what I mostly crochet. I normally use a a piece of a different color yarn to slip thorough the first stitch of a row. Most amigurumi is done in rounds and most times it is important to mark the rows....some how. I recently bought crochet stitch markers but have not used them yet. You can also use a bread tie. Be creative LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri,
    I have seen the amigurumi label with several patterns online. I have no idea what it is. Can you enlighten me? Thanks for this tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amigurumi is a Japanese art of making animals and dolls from crocheting or knitting. I prefer to crochet, I understand it better. It is fun and I make all sorts of creatures and dolls. I reciently got a book for my birthday on making insects! The book is called Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies! You can create a caterpillar that turns into a cocoon that turns into a butterfly! I guess I am just a big kid at heart LOL...but it is just so much fun.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן