Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Using doiles on planters

Hello everyone, I found this link on the Internet from a lady from Georgia. She used her mothers doilies to cover a plant pot. She put that beautiful doily in cement and layered the pot. I thought this was unique.
    I would not take something my mother made to do that. I guess I am more sentimental. But her idea would work and protect the doily for a long time and the family could enjoy it also for a long time.

Spoula

2. Likes karenlatlas, Nova55, MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    she says she used doilies from the dollar store, up until the last when she added one of her mother's. I might try it with just dollar store doilies.
    Last edited by karenlatlas; 03-18-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi karenlatas, I thought about that too. There are lots of doiles besides heirlooms ones to use. I like the idea though. She has other videos too and used spray paint that looked pretty good.

Spoula

5. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello everyone, I found this link on the Internet from a lady from Georgia. She used her mothers doilies to cover a plant pot. She put that beautiful doily in cement and layered the pot. I thought this was unique.
    I would not take something my mother made to do that. I guess I am more sentimental. But her idea would work and protect the doily for a long time and the family could enjoy it also for a long time.

Spoula
    What if it breaks? Will the doily ripe apart too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello fec31455, The doily was put into cement if the planter breaks I imagine the doily will crumble
    . That is why she suggested to use doilies from the dollar store.

spoula