Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

How to understand this pattern

Hi i’m quite new to crochet and struggling with following instruction:

Work 1 double crochet into next 4 stitches, (work 2 double crochets into next stitch) 3 times, work 1 double crochet into next 6 stitches, (work 2 double crochets into next stitch) 3 times, work 1 double crochet into next 2 stitches. (24 sts)

Why does the text in brackets mean? Do i need to repeat them 3 times too? If this is supposed to be in total 24 stitches it makes no sense...
    3*(4 + 2) + 3*(6+2)+2= 44 sts in total and not 24? I guess I’m just totally wrong but it makes no sense for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aennkaenn View Post
    Hi i’m quite new to crochet and struggling with following instruction:

Work 1 double crochet into next 4 stitches, (work 2 double crochets into next stitch) 3 times, work 1 double crochet into next 6 stitches, (work 2 double crochets into next stitch) 3 times, work 1 double crochet into next 2 stitches. (24 sts)

What does the text in brackets mean? Do i need to repeat them 3 times too? If this is supposed to be in total 24 stitches it makes no sense...
    3*(4 + 2) + 3*(6+2)+2= 44 sts in total and not 24? I guess I’m just totally wrong but it makes no sense for me
    Hello Aennkaenn, Let me see if I can help you. You wrote the following question and you are correct. What is in brackets you will repeat how many times it is listed. You will get 24 stitches.

What does the text in brackets mean? Do i need to repeat them 3 times too? If this is supposed to be in total 24 stitches

To start you have 4 double crochets then in brackets you work (2 dc into the next stitch and do 2 dc in the next stitch and 2 dc in the next stitch for a total of 6 dc.) Then you do dc in the next 6 then in brackets you repeat the( 2 dc in the the same stitch 3 times this gives you 6more dc.) then you work 1 double into the next 2 stitches for 24 stitches.

4 double crochets
    6 double crochet from the brackets (2 dc, 2dc, 2dc )
    6 double crochets
    6 double crochets from the brackets (2dc, 2dc, 2dc)
    1 double crochet
    1 double crochet
    _______
    24 dc

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 03-18-2018 at 07:08 AM.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great!! Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help.

Spoula