Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Whipped Cream Dress for Baby, 12-18 mos

2. Likes karenlatlas, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Choiyuk, That is the pattern I used to make that blue dress I posted last week. I like the dress but I think the sleeves are too puffy. I would make the dress again but make the sleeves shorter or tighter. They don't look that big in the picture but they are. This dress was much easier to do then that Lotus Blossom dress. (ha)

Loved the pattern.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 03-09-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you found the dress & crocheted it. It is a pretty dress. choiyuk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    What size hook did you use for this dress? I was thinking starting out with a G hook? What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    What size hook did you use for this dress? I was thinking starting out with a G hook? What do you think?
    Hi Jean Marie, I used a size E/4 3.5 mm hook because I used #1 fingerling yarn. I like a G hook but it would depend on the weight of the yarn you want to use.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-27-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: type o

Post Thanks / Like
    The F hook I have is a 3.75 mm so how can a E hook be a 4 mm? Fingering yarn must be thinner than baby yarn. Did you see my last 2 posts on Crochet Baby Dress, chest 14 inch that was originally posted by choiyuk96.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Sorry I thought I wrote E/4 (not 4mm) which is a 3.5mm. I corrected my post so that I don't confuse anyone thanks for letting me know.

Yes, I read all your post. I thought I responded to the math. I need to look at the pattern again. (I think it was the chain 2 at the beginning that made the difference in number of stitches.

I have found that most baby dresses you can use the same number of chains and get a bigger dress by using a larger hook then the pattern calls for. I do that a lot and as I crochet once I get to the chest I measure to be sure I am close to the size I want.

I am working on 3 patterns at the same time now 2 dresses and 1 blanket. When I take a break I read the new post on this forum. To give my hands a rest.
    Let me know if I answered your questions. Did you get my private message?
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did and this one is 62 sts., not quite 67 sts and more than 54 sts. It looks like it has a smaller neck. There is a picot stitch on the end of pattern. I see there's different ways to make a picot and the pattern doesn't tell you how they want you to do it bit she says at the beginning to put your own twist on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I started the whip cream dress. I have 5 rows done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Jean Marie, Good girl, what color did you decide on? You may have told me already but I forgot.

Spoula