Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Does Anyone Use a Yarn Bowl to Help Keep Your Yarn in Place While You're Knitting?

Hello, I am relatively new to knitting and new to this forum. I'm curious if anyone uses yarn bowls to hold their yarn in place and from rolling around everywhere? I've been looking at some for sale online and wanted to get some first hand opinions before spending the money on a bowl. It seems like a worthwhile expense? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Knittingman,
    I don't use a yarn bowl. I unwind some yarn from the skein to crochet and sometimes I use something to where I can just pull the yarn when crocheting = I can always pull more yarn when needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean, thank you for your reply! It seemed like the bowl would help keep the yarn organized but it seems like you don't have much of a problem with that? For me, sometimes the yarn ball falls out of my lap or off of the table and then turns into a mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I use a crochet bowl for crocheting all the time I put it on a surface next ot me or on the floor. Sometimes it catches in the grouve so I simply turn the bowl so that the yarn is coming out of the solid side of the bowl. I love it.
    Claudine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Claudine, thanks for the reply . That sounds like exactly what I need! Do you remember where you got yours? I found one that I really like on Amazon that I was thinking about ordering. It seems like the right size and it looks like good quality.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 02-28-2018 at 05:15 AM. Reason: referral links not allowed

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Knittingman,
    I have seen some of those wood bowls and they are expensive. I saw on a you tube video where a lady used her tea pot. The yarn was inside and the working yarn came up through the spout. I think that is very clever.
    Spoula

7. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom gave me one for Christmas and I LOVE it, I didnt even think I'd like it as much as I do!
    She got me a plastic one that has rubber on the bottom, which helps keep it from moving around - even on the cloth couch arm rest.

-Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Suewin, Aren't Moms great they always know what we need but wouldn't think of buying for ourselves.

Spoula

10. Likes Suewin, Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claudine, that sounds like exactly what I need! I found one online that I really like It looks like it's the right size and is high quality. Is this similar to yours?

Hi Spoula, that's a clever idea with the tea pot! Does that mean you have to finish your piece before you can use the tea pot again though, since you can't remove the yarn because it is fed through the spout? And yes the price is kind of high for the wood bowl :/. However, I think it is something that will last for a long time and that I can even pass down as the years go on. Also, it would be kind of exciting for me to purchase something fun/functional as I embark on this new hobby adventure .

Hi Suewin, thank you for your reply and your experience . It sounds like I would be smart to acquire a bowl to use!

Thank you all for your replies, what a great and useful community this is!
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 02-28-2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: referral links not allowed

Post Thanks / Like
    I just have the yarn next to me.