Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun Questions: Kitchen - Do you use a recipe binder?

Hello all,

Fun Questions : Kitchen - Do you use a recipe binder?

If so, what type of binder do you use? Or, do you use another method of saving and using your favorite recipes?

Feel free to share and if you would like, add photos of your recipe binder.

Blessings!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have that many recipes so I just keep them in a gray plastic card file box. But I did know a woman who did many church socials and had groups over to her home - she sometimes cooked for over 100 people! She had three recipe binders - appetizers, desserts, and main courses.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    I don't have that many recipes so I just keep them in a gray plastic card file box. But I did know a woman who did many church socials and had groups over to her home - she sometimes cooked for over 100 people! She had three recipe binders - appetizers, desserts, and main courses.
    What a great idea for someone who cooks for a large group of people! Thanks for sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not any more, I do have a few recipes on cards but I slipped them into a book my mom had with some of her handwritten recipes.

Roe

6. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pack of index cards with my very favorite recipes. But i mostly use an app on my phone to find and store recipes.

8. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello all,

Fun Questions : Kitchen - Do you use a recipe binder?

If so, what type of binder do you use? Or, do you use another method of saving and using your favorite recipes?

Feel free to share and if you would like, add photos of your recipe binder.

Blessings!
    Hello, I collect all kinds of recipes from news paper clippings from grocery stores. I have cook books from the 1950's I have cook books from France and Italy. I have two boxes of card recipes one from my mother handed down and one I started when I got married. I have so many recipes in notebooks some manila folders and in my bread box. The funny thing is I have used very few of the recipes. I like collecting them and I have tried some but not all.
    My favorite binder of choice is a big rubber band. ha
    Spoula

10. Likes Nova55, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have mentioned that the woman I spoke of used unusual binders - she used photo albums that were tall and 1 picture-width wide. Inside were plastic pages with clear pockets that were meant for 3 / 3 1/2" x 5" photos, but that's where she put the recipe cards. She could keep the binder out while cooking because the cards were protected by the plastic.

12. Likes spoula, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have index cards that I file in a kids school supply pencil box.
    I used to use a just a plain spiral notebook to do meal planning - like to have them listed out each week to control repeating too much. I updated it to one of those bullet journals recently.
    I also use Pintrest a lot for recipes which I love for finding recipes, but it's often hard to COOK by pintrest so if I try one that I like, I'll write it up on a index card for the next time.
    I cook for the family almost every night, so I have to be organized with it.

-Susan

14. Likes spoula, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    I should have mentioned that the woman I spoke of used unusual binders - she used photo albums that were tall and 1 picture-width wide. Inside were plastic pages with clear pockets that were meant for 3 / 3 1/2" x 5" photos, but that's where she put the recipe cards. She could keep the binder out while cooking because the cards were protected by the plastic.
    What a COOL idea!!!

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbyR View Post
    I have a pack of index cards with my very favorite recipes. But i mostly use an app on my phone to find and store recipes.
    What type of app do you use on your phone, if you don't mind me asking?