Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Another New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Sharon and I'm originally from Louisiana. I've lived all over the south and parts of Texas, and am presently in Virginia.
    I've been crocheting for almost 50 years and recently discovered amigurumi! I'm having lots of fun with it. About 30 years ago I taught myself how to knit (am I allowed to say that here? lol) and i really enjoy that as well. So hello to all and hopefully we can all learn from each other!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon! And welcome! I make things for children and have made a lot of amigurumi dolls! What else do you like to crochet? Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and thanks for the welcome!
    Right now I'm looking for vintage crochet patterns for small handbags and baby bonnets. I'm also looking for anything with a pineapple pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon..welcome to the group....I just finish a afghan that has pineapples instead of the regular tassels..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! It is a pleasure to have someone on board who knows the ins and outs of knitting - in case someone has a question! :0)

I copied your post above concerning your pattern requests. It will be found in the Pattern Requests Category, as soon as I answer your post. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sharon! Welcome to the forum. I am larisa from Europe. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to you too Larisa! Where in Europe are you? Did you make the pink doily? I haven't made many lately. My mom and I used to get together often and crochet doiles, but I lost her 11 years ago and nothing has ever been the same. But I do want to start again and make some small pineapple doilys. I live in Williasburg, VA USA and it's quite a tourist attraction. The pineapple is sort of their "Colonial" Welcome sign. I thought if I could make a few really nice doilys they would sell to the tourists.

Sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds interesting Val. What kind of yarn did you use? And was it plain or colored?
    Sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sharon! I live in Urkaine... Yes I made all doilies I put photos. I wish you success in selling your doilies. I do not sell them. One lady wanted to buy doily and I sent her but she does not write me any more... I count this doily as gift LOL