Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Protecting your Treasures

Here is a message sent to the help desk from a guest viewer:

I love thread crochet, which I learned at age 11 or 12 from instructions. I am using size 30 cotton with a size 10 steel hook. Recently I lost my good Boye hook from my bag; the one I got to replace it (made in China) soon bent! Also a Boye! Luckily the original hook was under bedding, after several weeks, and was in perfect shape....I would like to warn crocheters to hold onto their American-made treasures, as the replacements may be very disappointing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, last weekend I filped the sheets and off went my favorit hook. booohooo. Thank goodnes I had the good sence and money to buy two at a time, (coupons!!) But I knew mine was in the bedroom (somewere)

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be worth the effort to write to Boye and tell them about your disappointing experience with a China made hook. You never know what could happen. Companies often compensate unhappy customers in various of ways. Boye is truly a household name among crocheters.

I often tell people the true story of a co-working who bought a car (Volkswagon) and it turned out to be a lemon. She had nothing but problems with it and the dealer was a jerk. Long story short, she wrote to the president of Volkswagon in Germany in German (she was born there). The result: She was given a new car.

While this happens quite a while ago and company executives aren't as consumer friendly as they once were, it's still worth a try.

Boye has competitors and if their hooks don't do the job someone else's will.

Address your letter to the company president or CEO. Good luck.

5. Likes Barbara G., billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have crochet that are very old from my greatgrandmother! I do use them occassionally but only when I'm home and I keep an eye on them! I have bought hooks lately though and they seem pretty flimsy! Thanks for the reminder to keep a close eye on our "old" hooks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should of said this yesterday but,,, I use a toothbrush holder to put my hook in. I have a round one but a ovel one will hold hook and fold-up sissors. I get four of five from the doller tree for a buck. I allways take the red one, save the others for the kids.