Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Most libraries have access to ancestery.com.. so if you want to start on your genealogy, go to the library first and see what you can find with
    their online version on ancestry before shelling out 75.00 to start... once you start, its hard to stop.. so be ready..!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see under 'Food' that milk was 32 cents a gallon?, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm interesting article....my family, my grandparents, both sides, however didn't arrive in this country until 1915. I am second generation born in the U.S.. I love history. My kids had their DNA tested through Ancestory.com for where our ancestors actually came from. It was very interesting, went back 7 generations. We are Italians for sure with some Greek and other Mediterranean Sea areas....

The Little House Books, although they are post Civil War, are very descriptive on foods and how they preserved food. We used a curriculum called the Prairie Primer when we were homeschooling. The curriculum pulled a lot of history out of the books, as described first hand by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Very interesting ...I enjoyed it as much as my daughter.
    Last edited by Teri; 02-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com