Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Prayer

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer

Prayer for the Week

Heavenly Father, You are indeed my good and loving Father, who desires a deeper relationship with me. Lead me in the path to know you better, to develop my prayer life and prayer language, to trust in your promises, and to feel your presence in my life. Help me to focus on your and your will in this coming year, to follow your plans for my life and to listen for your guidance. Give me grace when I fall short, and encouragement to get back up and try again. For you are a God of grace and love, who desires good things for my life, and longs for me to draw ever closer to the life you've envisioned for me. Lord, may this year be the best one yet. All this I pray through your loving Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

301 Moved Permanently

Resources for Prayer and Spiritual Growth

https://www.kathrynshirey.com/store/

https://www.kathrynshirey.com/lords-prayer/

https://www.kathrynshirey.com/prayer-toolbox/

https://www.kathrynshirey.com/4-prac...wth-this-year/

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayer for the Week

Almighty Father, Draw me near and whisper your words into my heart. Lead me to seek you ever more. Show me the places in my life today that need to be refocused. Highlight the areas where I need to make adjustments to bring my heart into alignment with yours. Lay on my heart the way you want me to focus my heart during this season of Lent. Guide me in the discipline of giving you the best of me in this weeks of Lent - with my time, my service, and my treasures. Help me to let go of all that holds me back, the sin and worldly striving that burden me. May this Lenten season be a reset and renewal to draw me closer to you and your plans for my life. All this I pray through your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Scripture for the Week

"Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them an anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." (James 5:13-16 NIV)

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.kathrynshirey.com/5-ways...feeling-weary/

Prayer for the Week

O Lord Jesus, you are indeed more than enough for me. I want to draw near to you and walk by your side. I want to live with your power in my life. I want to fill my soul with your living water. For you are kind and merciful and all-powerful. I know you hear my prayers and know my needs. Oh, to but touch the hem of your cloak and be healed. Lord Jesus, soothe my heart and heal my needs. Bring me closer to you and let me walk with you. May you be the power source in my life for you are the source of all hope. In you I place my trust, for you are faithful and loving. All this I pray to you, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayer for the Week

Heavenly Father, I need you. I know I turn from you in so many ways, allowing my focus to shift to other things, to value other endeavors, to falsely think I can do it all on my own. But, I need you and I want to follow you. I only want to walk through this life with you by my side. You know me and love me, so I ask for your mercy and forgiveness where I fall short. Lead me and guide me to rest and restoration in you. Help me better balance my busy life and get my priorities straight. Go with me in all I do. For I want to walk through this life set apart, to distinguish myself as one who serves you, Lord, not the world. Lord, may Your Presence be ever with me, leading me, guiding me, giving me rest, and filling me with strength. All this I pray through your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Scripture for the Week
    Exodus 33:12-17 (NIV)
    Moses and the Glory of the Lord

12 Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

15 Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

17 And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayer for the Week

O Lord, teach me to pray. Let me sit by your side and soak up your teaching. Let me learn from you how to make prayer such a vital and life-giving part of my life. Show me how to come before you in prayer and fill me with the words to say. Give me the confidence to pour out my heart and the humility to hand over my control to you so you can lead the way. May I grow ever closer to you in full surrender to you and your plans for my life. Amen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scripture for the Week

Luke 11:1-13 (The MESSAGE)

One day he was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said, “Master, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”

So he said, “When you pray, say,

Father,
    Reveal who you are.
    Set the world right.
    Keep us alive with three square meals.
    Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
    Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.”

Then he said, “Imagine what would happen if you went to a friend in the middle of the night and said, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread. An old friend traveling through just showed up, and I don’t have a thing on hand.’

“The friend answers from his bed, ‘Don’t bother me. The door’s locked; my children are all down for the night; I can’t get up to give you anything.’

“But let me tell you, even if he won’t get up because he’s a friend, if you stand your ground, knocking and waking all the neighbors, he’ll finally get up and get you whatever you need.

“Here’s what I’m saying:

Ask and you’ll get;
    Seek and you’ll find;
    Knock and the door will open.

“Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing—you’re at least decent to your own children. And don’t you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?”

KathrynShirey.com