Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question lily sugar joining mofits tog invisible seam questions

Hi.I am trying to use the invisible seam join on putting my two mofits together .The mofits are from this pattern

http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pd...bags.en_US.pdf

I am using this youtube video

But i need help understanding what she means by starting with chain one (that makes up the corners) or does she mean at both 2 chains on the corners of the mofits and the end?Whats the first chain on the 2 chains of the corners epesically when you have to turn to the wrong sides?

I have tried going through one of the chain on the corner and their is a gap or slop down between the mofits where you join the mofits (the corner)?is it suppose to look like that? i know how to do the rest of the join but i am having trouble with the corners

i hope that i dont confuse you guys.

Here's a link to the pattern view with a pic of the bag
    Granny Square Bags - Patterns | Yarnspirations

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crochetknitfan,
    The chain 1 you made in the corner of the square that's where you put your yarn through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jean marie.the pattern that I am using has 2 chains at the corner not one 1.how did you get one chain?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetknitfan View Post
    Hi.I am trying to use the invisible seam join on putting my two mofits together .The mofits are from this pattern

http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pd...bags.en_US.pdf

I am using this youtube video

But i need help understanding what she means by starting with chain one (that makes up the corners) or does she mean at both 2 chains on the corners of the mofits and the end?Whats the first chain on the 2 chains of the corners epesically when you have to turn to the wrong sides?

I have tried going through one of the chain on the corner and their is a gap or slop down between the mofits where you join the mofits (the corner)?is it suppose to look like that? i know how to do the rest of the join but i am having trouble with the corners

i hope that i dont confuse you guys.

Here's a link to the pattern view with a pic of the bag
    Granny Square Bags - Patterns | Yarnspirations
    The video tells you exactly what the chain 1 is.
    In your pattern when you made the corners you do 2 dc chain1 2 dc. You will use that chain 1 space to start to join your motifs. Look at the video again that will help you. You will need to join each stitch to keep it from sagging.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetknitfan View Post
    Hi jean marie.the pattern that I am using has 2 chains at the corner not one 1.how did you get one chain?.
    because that's what she said in the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI.Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crochetknitfan,
    When joining I would go in both chains as one or sew each chain separately because you don't want a gap like you said you were getting.