Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Granny Squares and the Magic Circle

After 2 rounds of the 2 sets of 3 dc in the corners and the ch 1 on the sides between the corners; for the 3rd rnd. I sl stitched to the corner and chained 1 and did 1 sc, chained 2 and 1 sc and sc in the stitches and when I got to the space I sc in space and then sc in sts up to the corner which was 1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc and then sc in sts again and all the way around and sl st in the 1st sc. It looks like I did the sc rnd (the 3rd rnd.) three more times.

Then I must've got tired of doing sc so I started crocheting dc around after sl stitching in corner at end of rnd. I started w/a ch 4 (2 chains for a dc and 2 chains for the 2 chains) and crocheted 1 dc and then dc in the sts and 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in each corner and doing this for 3 rnds, and then dc 2 and ch 2 and dc 2 in the corners for 3 rnds.

(redhead Patty, I looked back at my pm,s from you on how to do a granny square. Thanks, it helped cause I had tried and chained 1 on the sides and it curled like a hat and I thought I was doing something wrong.)

I start the magic circle like a slip knot except I don't pull the loop to make a knot I put my crochet hook in the loop and ch 3 and start crocheting the granny square.

ps. I saw a couple videos where they start the granny square w/a ch 5 and pretty sure they chained 2 on the sides. Not sure if it was a ch 2 or a ch 3 on the corners in the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    on the dc rnds.it looks like I did a chain 3 to start the rnd. and then on corners a dc, ch2, dc and at the end of rnd. sl st in top of ch 3. Looking at the squares I made it looks like 4 rnds. of sc and 4 rnds. of dc. I'm using a J hook so it the same height (the squares are about the same size) which I did 3 rnds. of dc so on the other squares I probably used a H hook cause it's 4 rnds. of dc on these rnds.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-03-2017 at 12:15 PM.