Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

What I did to use up aome of my yarn

granny squares! A week after finishing the 3 Greek letters blanket I wanted to munch on something all day and I wasn't sure if I was ready to crochet or not but my hands needed something to do so I tried a granny square and I wanted to figure out what I was going to take to the community center if I wanted to take something to crochet. The granny square curled like a small hat cause I chained 1 on the sides between the 2 corners so I took that out and tried 1 set of 3 dc in the corners but I took that out too and then I tried the start of the granny square and when I got that done to continue without cutting yarn and starting another granny square w/the 4 sets of 3 dc. Well, I took that out and did the 4 sets of 3 dc and cut the yarn when I was done. And yes I did crochet at the community center and when I was home and I have quite a few of the small granny squares -the 4 sets of 3 dc's.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great idea, Jean Marie. I used leftovers to make squares, half squares and quarter squares and made a 'patch work quilt' afghan.

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You sure have talent JeanMarie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks imalefty. It's just granny squares though. I made a few more start of the granny squares w/4 sets of 3 dc's. I started putting the bigger granny squares together w/the 4 sets of 3 dc squares around the bigger squares like a frame.