Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Upper Peninsula of Michigan near Canadian border.
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie from Michigan

Hi. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I "taught" myself to crochet in highschool and am not super great at it. I do enjoy making afghans and dishcloths. I try to use a different pattern everytime I make a new project in order to keep learning. I did the same with sewing. I am 58 and have 4 grandchildren and another on the way. I would love to make a sweater for the baby but am chicken to attempt it. I did make her a nice baby blanket though and am starting another. Maybe one of those 'cocoons" would be easy. I also like to do counted cross stitch. I love gardening and canning. Guess I'm just an old fashioned gal. I am a social worker who is not working at this time. I love what I am doing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Betzi,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is nice to hear of all the things you like to do! Hope you enjoy your time here in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there!! It s nice to meet you. I crochet thread doilies. I do not have grandchildren and I work full time - no time for my hobby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Betzi! And welcome! I am also 58 and I have 5 grandchildren! Making a baby sweater isn't that hard-especially if you find a simple pattern! crochetpatterncentral.com has some easy patterns. Then you take one stitch at a time, just like you did with the baby blanket! If you approach it thie way you will find you can do it! Good luck! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Thank you Barbara, Maryjane and kl1000 for the warm welcomes and the advice on baby sweaters. I will check out the website you recommended and give it a go once I finish two projects I'm working on.

Wow, Eastern Europe and Upstate New York fellow crochet ladies. That is one thing about the internet, it makes our world smaller.

I love talking and reading about my interests with people from all over the world. Does this make us crochet embassodors?

It was a beautiful weekend here in the UP (Upper Peninsula). Not too hot and we got some rain for the garden. Things are popping up all over the garden. Exciting.

Nice to meet you all.

Betzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Betzi! It s good to hear from you. Do you make doilies also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,
    No I have not tried that yet. Yours looks absolutely beautiful and complicated. Fantastic work. I did try some book marks with thread and I liked the way they turned out. It is so different working with thread after using some of the very thick yarns. That's what I love about this. The variety and the challenges. Do you have more pictures of your work? I am sorry you don't have more time for crochet. I know however, when I was working it was a great way to reduce stress in the evenings. And it is small enough to take with a person for times when they are waiting, stuck in traffic or traveling (if not driving of course ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 693Newbie from Michigan-ang3-jpgNewbie from Michigan-dsc00434-jpgNewbie from Michigan-dsc05365-jpgNewbie from Michigan-dsc00752-jpgBetzi! Thank you for the answer. Oh yes I have plenty of pictures of doilies in my home PC LOL. Not at this Forum. I added some pictures though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome this group has some baby fashion you might like
    http://crochettalk.com/groups/fashion-first.html
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarah, thanks for the welcome and the tip. I will check it out. kl1000 those pictures are amazing. Such intricate work. I am in awe.
    Betzi