Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Talk Exchange Group - for Fun!

Hello members,

A few of the members were interesting in creating an exchange group. The group is new for those interested in the following:

Mailing and receiving postcards from other members
    Mailing and receiving physical patterns from other members
    Mailing and receiving crochet items from other members

You are welcome to join us in the fun! Here is the link to the group where you can join:

http://crochettalk.com/groups/croche...-exchange.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see where to post my name! I did pm you though!

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in for Crochet Exchange and Pattern Exchange. A PM is on the way!

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello members,

Just a few more days and we will begin the first exchanges. If you would like to get in on the fun, please be sure to let me know!

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like a fantastic idea, but sadly I will not be able to join this time. I have SOOO much going on right now, but hopefully you will do this again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, is it possible to tell us approximately how many folks have joined? I'm very curious and excited to get started!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Right now - I have the following address information:

Post card exchange - 3 members
    Crochet Items exchange - 4 members
    Pattern Exchange - 4 members

I still think there were a few others who wanted to join, but have not received address info by private message.

This is a small start, but this is okay - we are still a fairly new group! So, we will still have some fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane has put some patterns together for us to get started. All my patterns are from the internet, so I will have to do some searching for old patterns via used book stores, ect.

I bought about 10 items today at Walmart to get the box started. I am on a limited income, so they are smaller items.

I am curious and excited to get started as well. When I go to Hobby Lobby across the state line, I will have to keep an eye on clearance/sale items to add some variety to the box for future exchanges. :0)

I think in a few months, it would be really nice to have maybe a Christmas exchange, too. We could send small crochet items which are related to each other. What do you think?

11. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Christmas exchange would be good, but could be a busy time for us who sell their products. Last holiday season was so busy for me, it seemed like every minute of every day I was making an order. I would most likely do it.

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great to me! I would love it! Perhaps Christmas grannies? coasters? poinsettia blooms? snowmen? snowflakes? Hmmmmmm....this list could go on forever!

I have an idea! Why not add a note to the box? The first person could write a few lines on a sheet of paper. The next would add theirs and so on until the box returns to the first person. S/he would take out their old note and add a new one. It's a simple way to correspond without it becoming a burden. My friends and I from college did it for awhile and it was great fun! Even a small pic, a postcard or a greeting card would work. It needn't be long...just a few words would do. What do you all think? (It would not be required. If you don't care to do it, just don't. It won't affect the rest of those who wish to do so and you can still feel free to read the enclosed items even if you don't add your own.)

Excitedly!
    Mary

15. Likes Barbara G., Maryjane, billiebob liked this post