Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

sock knitting questions

Hi. Can a person use circle needles on a knitting sock pattern for cuff down to toe ?How would a person do it?
    Also Could a person use the a knitting sock pattern to use 4 dpns to knit sock toe down?instead of cuff down to toe if so,how does a person do that?
    Thanks.Any help would be nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if somebody would know here or not but there probably is someone that knows how to answer your questions but otherwise ask on kp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't knit so I have no idea. There are some here who knit but most will be crocheters since the forum is more geared toward crochet.

Have you thought about finding a video series on the basic steps of knitting from the ground up? That might help you as well as some feedback in the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetknitfan View Post
    Hi. Can a person use circle needles on a knitting sock pattern for cuff down to toe ?How would a person do it?
    Also Could a person use the a knitting sock pattern to use 4 dpns to knit sock toe down?instead of cuff down to toe if so,how does a person do that?
    Thanks.Any help would be nice
    crochetknitfan,
    You can knit socks with any circular method be it DPN, magic loop, 2 circulars or an itty bitty 12 inch circular. I think there are sock patterns for knitting flat, but who wants a seam on their foot?? Therefore the vast majority are for circular knitting.
    Yes you can take any pattern and use any method, but I recommend you have knowledge of how to knit socks firsts.

It would also be best to find a sock pattern that uses the method you want rather than changing because the pattern is written for that method.
    For instance if the pattern that uses DPN says “on first needle”, but you’re using magic loop it’s too easy to get confused unless you know what you’re doing. Don’t make it hard on yourself to begin with.
    We can’t just tell you how to do something with no pattern, yarn and needles. It’s complicated and you need to be ready.

The reply is from a search on Google to your question. You can find many answers to your questions on Google or you tube.

As you posted that you are a beginner I don't think you would want to tackle a sock pattern with 4 DPN it would be too difficult.

Have you actually started a project yet? Most beginners start out with scarfs or hot pads something simple until they learn the stitches and can do the math to compensate for different sizes.

Hope this answers your question,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know much about knitting, but anyone wanting to challenge herself, try finding a decent, understandable pattern for CROCHETED socks - socks that function like knitted socks. I am trying to make socks out of standard issue sock yarn + a small hook. If you use anything larger than a, say, 3.25mm, you will end up with booties or sock/boots. I have ripped my project apart 7 times but am keeping at it.

Has anyone here had success crocheting a standard-in-all-ways pair of socks out of sock yarn, i.e., #1 weight? Not a tube sock - I did make one of these. It was quite nice, with a shell pattern, out of #2 acrylic, but not really what I had in mind. Tks.