Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

what I did to make hdc row on one end to be at an angle instead of straight

I made the chain as long as I thought I needed to and did my 1st hdc in the 3rd chain from hook cause that's what it says in the crochet book and I did a hdc decrease at the end of row, (at least I thought I did a decrease on row) turned (no chains) and did hdc st in 1st stitch and across row this time at end of row I chained 2 (cause I wanted to keep this side straight) and turned and crocheted in the first st and across row and went across and did the hdc decrease at end of row and each time I got to the decrease side I did a hdc decrease and turned without chaining and after turning - put a hdc in 1st st and did hdc across row and when I got to the straight side of my crocheting I chained 2 at end of row and turned and did a hdc in 1st stitch and across row and each time I got to the straight side of my crocheting.

This is for the Greek letters for the letter M.

Ending on a straight side row I chained 2 and turned and crocheted for 29 stitches and did a hdc decrease with the first of the 29 stitches crocheted in the 1st stitch of row. After the hdc decrease - turn without chaining and hdc in 1st st and across row and cut yarn and ended off. This is for the right side of the letter M.

For the left side of the letter M I chained 35 w/a ch 2 on end of rows and crocheting in the first stitch. The 2 middle parts of the letter M is 48 chains and chaining 2 at end of both sides of rows and crocheting hdc sts in 1st st and across each row.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-23-2017 at 04:49 PM.