Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you know...

Hi,
    Crochet squares have to be less that 5/8th of an inch otherwise it's 3 dollars. The post office has to put the envelope through something and if it's not 5/8's of an inch or less it will be $3. Crochet squares have to be flat.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! I just went the PO yesterday too!
    The girl told me, if you use a 6"X9" envelope and as long as it is FLAT, which, with some work you can get a granny square to lay flat in that, it is considered a "large envelope" and the cost is $1.19 to send first class mail (no tracking). If it is is bulky, she mentioned if I had the same thing but it wasn't flat, so like if the granny square was folded over, or if I was trying to put a larger granny square in it, even in the same envelope be considered a "parcel" and be that $3 charge (or what ever the exact amount would be).

So the "trick" to get the 1.19 price is to be sure the granny square is nice and flat, and no bulky wrinkles.

I asked her if in the future if I put 3 first class stamps on mine if I could just mail from my home mail box if that would be OK, she said yes

We had a really long discussion about all this, was thankful for no line and that she was willing to talk at length about it!!!

Jean Marie, you should get mine Monday!

-Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the squares I mailed was 98 cents. I guess it goes by weight too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. I got your square today and it is very pretty. Thank you.