Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dementia patient denied her last wish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    This was an awesome read. Makes you think about writing up an iron clad directive for the ones left behind. You have to think about everything that could be mis-interpreted by the law or the person reading the document. Best bet is to video tape yourself with your last rite instructions and wishes.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, ladies. My husband and I have our wills in place and the kids each have their own copies (of course our lawyer also has a copy). We each have medical problems, so we also have living wills. And we had a meeting with our funeral director and made arrangements for our funerals the way we want them. They are even paid for. This way we know that what we want will be carried out and the children will have nothing to worry about when we are gone.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkp View Post
    Hi, ladies. My husband and I have our wills in place and the kids each have their own copies (of course our lawyer also has a copy). We each have medical problems, so we also have living wills. And we had a meeting with our funeral director and made arrangements for our funerals the way we want them. They are even paid for. This way we know that what we want will be carried out and the children will have nothing to worry about when we are gone.

Mary
    Hello Mary, Now that is so smart of you and your family in planning. I did this for my mother but not for my self. I keep putting this off and after reading your post I know I need to do the same.
    Thanks for sharing this and giving us all a wake up call.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch state laws. My parents had their will and what they wished done. My mother passed first and my father about four years later. In Texas, if one child objects to a cremation, it cannot be done even if in the will. (may have changed handled the but that is what is was). My sister was recovering from surgery and was still not awake. Before they could cremate my father, they had to know if she objected (which she did not) My husband told them that he was our step-father and we were never adopted so neither of us could object to their last wishes. No one knew about that problem.