Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

changing type of stitch

Hello,, i am working on a hat that requires double stitch,, i would like to use half double instead. How do I adjust the size to make sure it fits??

Thanks!!
    Bonnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bonniejh67, By double stitch you mean a double crochet stitch and you would like to use a half double crochet in place of the double crochet? If so, the way I would do that is to pull up my yarn or thread to the size of a double crochet stitch but do the half double stitch. There is not too much difference in height so his should work.

There are others here on the forum that may also have another way of doing this and can help you too.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bonnie,
    I would probably just do the hdc stich the way I would normally do it (not any tighter or looser). If the pattern tells you to decrease at some point then do a few more rows before you start decreasing. or you can just use a bigger size crochet hook. You might want to do one or more rows of the afghan stitch before you end off with the yarn. The afghan stitch makes the yarn stretchy. These are just suggestions.