Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

How to translate patterns to english

Hi all this is the first time I have ever been on a forum and I am excited to be here. I have found a wonderful crochet /knit pattern and I really would like to work it however it is in Russian and I have no idea how to begin. I tried to look up all kinds of ways to translate but I have failed and thought maybe a forum could help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the program I use https://translate.google.com/ seems to work quite well. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy-f,
    I would love to find out how you tested that? Truly I am not joking I love Google Translate but have not had any success with translating patterns. I copied patterns from English to French and it didn't work at all. I used a knitting pattern and the instructions are a lot of abbreviations such as passo, ssk, co, bo things like that. Also in crochet you have sc, dc, fpdc, hdc, it just doesn't work, what was your secret?

I also used Google Translate to correspond with a friend that only speaks Portguese and my words did not translate like I wanted them to, the meaning was completely lost.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    @Amy-F. If google translate can accurately translate knitting or crochet instructions from Russian to English, I sure would love to see the results after the item is completed. Indeed, if it's a garment, it might look something like this.

http://searchingforstyle.com/wp-cont...ela.Alice_.jpg
    Last edited by MeToo!; 08-21-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    @Amy-F. If google translate can accurately translate knitting or crochet instructions from Russian to English, I sure would love to see the results after the item is completed. Indeed, if it's a garment, it might look something like this.

http://searchingforstyle.com/wp-cont...ela.Alice_.jpg
    Hi MeToo, Your sense of humor never fails. Love the picture of the dress after translation.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I am a new to this forum and I found it amazing! If you still need some help in translation of the pattern, I may help you with it. I translate patterns from Russian to English and from English to Russian. I have a great experience in the knitting and crocheting field. I know terms and abbreviations in both languages and do it correctly! Sure..... No one translator program will never give you accurate translation! Please, be free to contact me. [email]kassabbashi@mail.ru[/email]