Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Chic Top for Ladies

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful. You are truly blessed with talent. Thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Choiyuk, Another pretty pattern I want to make. I need to finish the Lotus dress, then the Black and white dress you posted not to long ago. If you keep posting pretty things I may never get through crocheting.

Do you crochet these items you post?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spoula, I sometimes make what I post. But I don't make all of them. I don't have the time. I cherry pick the easy & pretty ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by choiyuk96 View Post
    Hi spoula, I sometimes make what I post. But I don't make all of them. I don't have the time. I cherry pick the easy & pretty ones.
    Hi choiyuk, That is good to know. By chance did you crochet the Lotus Blossom dress?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I didn't. I thought it was too hard for me. From your experience, I'm glad I didn't. How is that going, BTW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again, I am sorry to hear you didn't try this one. I still think the dress is very pretty. I finished all but sewing on buttons on the back and I am going to do the collar a little different. I think the pattern has too many shells on the collar and that is too much for a 2 year old. The skirt part does not look like the leave in the pattern to me. The Lotus blossom that looks like it goes between the leaves is what I am having trouble with. I have finished 3 rows of the 9. I will do all 9 rows and if it doesn't look like the blossom I will pull it out and add more leaf rows to get the length of the skirt I want. I still like the pattern. I think the person who made that dress in the picture didn't use yarn or if she did she used a very small hook and yarn. I started with a size E hook and when I finished the bodice I thought it would be too small so I started over again with a F hook size. It might fit the baby when she is 2 1/2 or 3 years old but not right now. (she is a little peanut) I might make another one of these dresses in a different color and change up the hook size. I will post the picture shortly.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you're working very hard. You sure do have a lot of patience. I am sure your Granddaughter will look beautiful when she grows into it. Looking forward to the pictres.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by choiyuk96 View Post
    It sounds like you're working very hard. You sure do have a lot of patience. I am sure your Granddaughter will look beautiful when she grows into it. Looking forward to the pictres.

Hi choiyuk, I finally found out why my dress doesn't look like the pattern. The picture of the dress does not match the written instructions. She also mentions the yarn she used but the dress picture looks more like thread that is why the leaves look better. I think I am going to start over again with a smaller hook and crochet real tight maybe that will look better. I like the color yarn I picked so I will continue with that one. I tried 10 times to get the lotus blossom to work but I don't like it. I just pulled it out and will just make the dress longer. Might be awhile before I can show you the finished dress.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Just keep trying until you get it right. You're learning more as you try. Good luck, spoula. No pressure on the pictures.