Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Meatless Meal Challenge???

Well, I'm really pushing it! After buying groceries yesterday and putting them away with my two daughters help; it occurred to me that I should try having some meatless meals on occasion. Now, if you don't already know it, I Am A Foodie! For me, that means I Like Meat!!!

But since I love to challenge myself, I'm going to try this challenge. Just not today...must prepare my mind for this one! Strategic planning will be done, I equate this to going into battle. But I know, I have the Victory with God's help.

Challenge begins tomorrow! That means, one meatless meal Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday! Meal planning here I come!

Anyone care to join me? If so, share your experience too. Have you done this before, what was your experience? Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-18-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today is Wednesday and I had a meatless meal. My breakfast consisted of a bowl of oatmeal w/almond milk, small ramekin of fresh cherries, coffee, orange juice and water. I passed the test on Day 1!

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Thursday and I've had a meatless meal. For breakfast, I ate a grilled cheese sandwich, small ramekin of fresh cherries, banana, coffee and orange juice. It's amazing what one can do when you determine in your mind that you will succeed. Thank you God! Success on Day 2!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Friday and a meatless meal was planned for lunch. But, my breakfast(meat included) was so filling, that I had no desire for lunch. And of course, I had meat for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same as yesterday, a full and complete breakfast that left me with no appetite for lunch. Lunch would've been my meatless meal. And, you know I had meat for dinner. Meatless meal challenge is complete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Meatless Challenge...

Three times a week beginning tomorrow, I'll have one meatless meal for two weeks.

Anyone joining the challenge?

Post Thanks / Like

Three times a week beginning tomorrow, I'll have one meatless meal for two weeks.

Sure. Except it isn't much of a "challenge". I haven't eaten meat in 40 years and somehow I can still walk, talk and chew gum.

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I have been cutting back on meat in the past couple years. A great dish is zucchini cut into small pieces, cooked in a saucepan with salt, pepper, basil and garlic till transparent. Mix in Barilla marinara sauce. Transfer to a casserole dish, top with Monterey Jack or mozzerella cheese and put in oven till cheese melts. Yum! Of course you can add browned/drained ground beef (I season it with Italian sausage seasoning from Penzey's Spices) or browned/drained Italian sausage, but it's really good without the meat too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post

Sure. Except it isn't much of a "challenge". I haven't eaten meat in 40 years and somehow I can still walk, talk and chew gum.
    LOL Not much of a challenge at all for you! What prompted this lifestyle? Quite interested, can you share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    My husband and I have been cutting back on meat in the past couple years. A great dish is zucchini cut into small pieces, cooked in a saucepan with salt, pepper, basil and garlic till transparent. Mix in Barilla marinara sauce. Transfer to a casserole dish, top with Monterey Jack or mozzerella cheese and put in oven till cheese melts. Yum! Of course you can add browned/drained ground beef (I season it with Italian sausage seasoning from Penzey's Spices) or browned/drained Italian sausage, but it's really good without the meat too.
    That dish does sound delicious! What prompted you and your husband to decrease your meat intake, can you share?