Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

She Believed She Could...so she did!!!

I love this message so much that my younger daughter bought me a cup that is inscribed in gold that reads "She could so she did" and my older daughter bought me a silver bracelet that reads "She believed she could so she did"

This is such an empowering message that causes me to recall, remember, smile and be thankful for the many times of "believing" and acting upon my beliefs. Just motivates and pushes me to do more...reach goals and persevere always!

What are some of your "believing that you could and you did it" moments? What are some of those future successes? Let's give them a name and conquer our dreams! Do you have the audacity to dream?

Please share and let's encourage and empower one another.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    As a dreamer and goal-setter, I've always made lists and kept these dreams and goals alive in my mind from a young age. My youngest memories/goals were to be a teacher, have a husband and children and live in a white brick house. Guess what? My dreams came true! I graduated college and taught children for 32 years. My late husband and I had three wonderful children and we even bought a brand new white/ivory brick house. Since those dreams materialized, we built our second home, different color brick. My present-day dream home! I feel so very blessed!

What dreams/goals have come to life for you?

3. Thanks mkp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something to think about...

You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

~C.S. Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Living My Dream...

As a young adult, my dream was to travel during my retirement. My dream was fulfilled many years before I retired. I was blessed to marry a man who enjoyed traveling too. As a young couple, my late husband along with our children would take spontaneous weekend trips within our state and longer vacations likewise. We also enjoyed taking vacations in other states. Some travels were to Georgia, Louisiana, Nevada, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Arkansas to name a few. Later as adults, we still invited our children to vacation with us and we also took many road trips in later years, just the "two of us." What exciting and fun-filled memories! I'm still living my dream of traveling. For the last three years, since my sweet hubby's passing; my younger daughter has become my "traveling buddy." On our annual mother-daughter vacation, we've traveled to Minnesota, California and our latest trip(first trip abroad) was to Jamaica!~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    There are three types of people in this world:

those who make things happen,
    those who watch things happen,
    and those who wonder what happened.

~Mary Kay Ash

Which one are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Retiring...Years Ahead of My Time

After teaching for many years, I began to have wanderlust. Daydreaming about what would it be like to be retired! Even to work part-time? I knew it would happen, but when? The last couple of years before I retired, that desire became even more intense. I had no idea that my dream was materializing as I dreamed. I hadn't even planned to retire. But one Sunday morning, God put it in my heart to retire. So, I told my late hubby and younger daughter that's what I was going to do. They were both soooooooo excited for me!!! At the end of that school year, I retired! Retiring after 32 years of teaching children and years ahead of retirement age. I did it and have never looked back! It was one of the BEST DECISIONS that I've ever made in life. Life has been wonderful! Enjoying this life 'cuz I Retired to Refire!~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    WARNING: The number one question that will stop you from dreaming big is asking, "How?" It's not your job to figure out the how. Your job is to dream and dream big.

~From " Dream It, Pin It, Live It" by Terri Savelle Foy

Post Thanks / Like
    those who make things happen,

~Mary Kay Ash

Which one are you?

LOL! I'm #2 and transitioning to #3.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MeToo!;199738][I]those who make things happen,

~Mary Kay Ash

Which one are you?

LOL! I'm #2 and transitioning to #3.

MeToo!, that's great...you know who you are!

Post Thanks / Like
    My.mom.loved.to.crochet.and.do.crafts..I.tried.to. do.it.but.never.could.the.only.things.I.could.do.w as.cross.stitch.and.paint.by.numbers..later.she.di d.teach.me.to.do.plastic.canvas..After.she.passed. away.my.dream.was.to.continue.her.memory.by.taking .over.her.love.of.crochet..I.tried.and.tried.and.n ever.gave.up.and.now.I.am.making.crochet.things.I. never.thought.I.would.be.able.to.do.and.doing.craf ts.that.I.never.could.do.before..I.thank.the.Lord. for.allowing.that.dream.to.come.true...I.have.othe r.dreams.that.I.am.still.waiting.for.but.I.know.th at.one.day.they.will.happen..