Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for specific vintage bedspread pattern

Hi all! My grandmother has a bedspread that her aunt made a long time ago. She would like me to add to the sides to make it longer but I can't find the pattern anywhere.
    Looking for specific vintage bedspread pattern-img_1697-jpgIt's a vintage bedspread made of motifs and if anyone could help me find it that would be great. I will post a picture of the bedspread because I don't even know what the pattern is called! Thank you in advance for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.

3. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for finding those! Not quite the same, but similar enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome CrochetingRN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    You are always so helpful what a joy to have met you on this forum. You have replied several times to help me.
    Spoula

7. Likes MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula. Maybe you can help me with something. The 3 Greek letters that my niece wants on the blanket have a triangle around them. It's colored (like you would color in a coloring book) between the letters and on the triangle. In order to color with yarn (instead of crayons) I am thinking of doing a slip stitch like someone did on the top of one of their squares but would that work? or do you or someone else have any other ideas on what I can do? I'm figuring on embroidering on the letters and any words but I'm not sure whether to use yarn or thread although yarn would probably be easier to see.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thanks Spoula. Maybe you can help me with something. The 3 Greek letters that my niece wants on the blanket have a triangle around them. It's colored (like you would color in a coloring book) between the letters and on the triangle. In order to color with yarn (instead of crayons) I am thinking of doing a slip stitch like someone did on the top of one of their squares but would that work? or do you or someone else have any other ideas on what I can do? I'm figuring on embroidering on the letters and any words but I'm not sure whether to use yarn or thread although yarn would probably be easier to see.
    Jean Marie
    Hello Jean Marie, Have you completed the blanket? You didn't try to do the letters at the same time as making the blanket I guess? So you are left to embroider the letters which I think will work beautifully. Since the blanket is in yarn the color triangle and letters should look better in yarn then thread. It is a personal preference of the creator. The slip stitch will look very nice not bulky but enhance the letters. You may need to use a smaller yarn and needle for effect. Try it on a separate swatch to see what looks best before you do the real thing. I know from your helpful replies that you are talented and will make the blanket wonderful for your niece.

I look forward to seeing your lovely work,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    No, I haven't finished the blanket. I'm figuring about another month before the blanket is long enough. I haven't started the letters yet. I don't know if I'll do the letters first or the triangle first. After that I'm going to do a border.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula,
    No, I haven't finished the blanket. I'm figuring about another month before the blanket is long enough. I haven't started the letters yet. I don't know if I'll do the letters first or the triangle first. After that I'm going to do a border.
    Jean Marie, If you are at the point to crochet the letters and you niece wants a triangle around the letters it seems easier to crochet at the same time. Start the triangle change color yarn and do the beginning of the first letter. I though from a previous post you were going to finish the blanket and then add the letters. Either way it will be a nice blanket.

Were my comments earlier helpful or not too much? You won't hurt my feelings as I mentioned people find away to get the look they want.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Thank you for your input. I agree that yarn would show up better. It's nice to know that a slip stitch would enhance the letters. Once I get to that part I'm not sure if it's going to be all yarn or some of it thread.

The triangle looks like this with the word UPSILON on top of the triangle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ferr...631Ywrcv1_yTM:

Once you click on this some pictures will come up - don't scroll but wait a couple of seconds and the triangle with the 3 Greek Letters will appear.